• Advertisement

HP Ads Earning Program Plus Amazon Rant

hubpages.com

HP Ads Earning Program Plus Amazon Rant

Postby Camacho » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:57 pm

Question: Anyone earning from the HubPages Ad Program?

I haven't written any hubs in over a year and missed a lot of their big changes announcements, but last week I finally got around to signing up for the HP ads program since their Adsense earnings have been nil post-Panda. And in a week I've earned $4.00 from 50 articles. About a penny per article per day. :? Is this good, bad, typical? I only wrote the hubs to make backlinks to my site and pump up my Amazon affiliate commissions, so I don't really care, just curious.

Rant: Starting 2012 HP is rolling Amazon into their earning program so your personal affiliate code won't work in the Amazon modules. :x

If you were earning from Amazon and aren't in the HP ads program, you're gonna have to join if you still want the commissions. And since it's not your code being displayed, the sales won't count toward your tally, so it will be harder to reach the upper commission brackets. Ass fuckers. Why they have to go and do that?

No word yet on whether you can still hard code your affiliate link into the text and bypass the modules, but I bet they'll put the kibosh on that. I'd delete my hubs, but I want by backlinks. :x :x :x
"Fuck yeah!"
Camacho

Advertisement

Re: HP Ads Earning Program Plus Amazon Rant

Postby undercover » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Fuck that, I want my Amazon affiliate monies direct.

I have 19 article published on HP and make between 1 and 2 bucks a month on their earnings program. I kind of forgot about HP until I read your post...
undercover

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:47 am

I signed up but haven't written anything. They must be earning some kind of commission off of others. The content farms are all fucking over their writers in an effort to earn money after Panda. I think it's a good idea to use it for backlinks, but I wouldn't trust any content farm at this point.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby undercover » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:52 am

HubPages tightened up its rules awhile ago and now limit links to outside sources. Way back in the day, I used HP for backlinks to Suite articles. These days, I get told to take my link to my blog out of my articles if I want them to stay published. Meh.
undercover

Postby Camacho » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:10 pm

I've been backlinking discreetly with HP so that I just have one link to my site in each hub, and I haven't received any warnings yet. I don't post on the forums so as not to catch the eyes of the Hub Police, lol.

Their biggest problem is most probably Indian SEO riterz, not people using hubs to link to their blogs. Why don't they clear out the Engrish spinners first, then worry about the link abusers. :roll:
"Fuck yeah!"
Camacho

Return to Hub Pages