[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - HP earnings going up?

• Advertisement

HP earnings going up?

hubpages.com

HP earnings going up?

Postby Arseholes » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:27 am

Might be interesting to some that a friend of mine has gone from just getting a few dollars earnings from HP to about $90 for January and Feb.

Not a fortune, but she hasn't added anything for about a year. She joined 2 years ago and has 85 hubs.

I never looked at mine because I only have five hubs, but after she told me a few weeks ago that her earnings were growing, I changed over to their HP Earnings Program - previously I hadn't bothered. Just checked and I have $1.90 from 2 weeks and only 5 hubs, so it looks like HP might be worth a second look again.

I am not going to spend time writing new stuff for them, but it looks like it might be worth throwing existing stuff that I have lying around up there.

Is anyone else seeing earnings going up there recently?

ETA: Not that it is that important, but I've just checked and she has 75 hubs - mostly about health topics.
Arseholes

Advertisement

Re: HP earnings going up?

Postby partygirl » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Like every other site, success on Hubpages is tied to Google's whims, and earnings go up and down like a roller coaster. Just when things start going good, Google changes its tune and everything falls to shit again. Right now people on the HP forums are talking about "freshness" and how adding new content is good for your site, while a few months everyone was talking about letting hubs age. Then in a few weeks Google will decide they like something else better. So I guess right now Google wants you to have older hubs but will reward your site if it regularly gets new content also. I think.

As long as I have a little free time each week to spend at Hubpages, I'm going to keep writing there, slowly build up my number of hubs and see what happens. I tweaked a bunch of my hubs in the last few weeks and my views are definitely going up. We'll see what happens after the next Google update. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice to get a few dollars in my paypal account every now and then. We'll see.
partygirl

Postby Camacho » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:39 pm

"Fuck yeah!"
Camacho

Postby Arseholes » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Thanks for the advice.

I have never ventured into the hubpages forum, I can only imagine the crap that one needs to wade through to find a small golden nugget in there.

As I said, I won't spend much time at this, just 15 to 20 minutes a day editing and uploading stuff I have already. I am pretty much over content mills, but if you have several hundred articles on completely different subjects, i guess you might as well put them somewhere.

I'll keep updating my progress and hope some others here give it a half-assed try and update too.
Arseholes

Postby partygirl » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Yeah I saw that thread about the guy with the ten articles, too. I think lots of people in the forums make guesses about stuff and then dole it out as the positive truth like they're experts. I am one of the blind there but I would never hand out advice since I'm in no place to be giving it. I can't figure out the best way to do anything there. It seems like if you're doing things right one day, you're doing them wrong the next, although it sure doesn't hurt to throw stuff up there and see what happens.

The HP learning center probably has the best info overall, but I've had a couple of questions that no one seems to know the answer to.
partygirl

Postby Camacho » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:16 pm

"Fuck yeah!"
Camacho

Postby partygirl » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:32 pm

That Amazon thing would have helped me, so I was hoping it would happen. I don't think ever will, or it already would have. Plus, it would piss off the people whose numbers it would screw up because they're doing well with Amazon on other sites. Is that your situation?
partygirl

Postby Camacho » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:24 pm

"Fuck yeah!"
Camacho

Return to Hub Pages