[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - First Constant Content Submission

• Advertisement

First Constant Content Submission

constant-content.com

First Constant Content Submission

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:27 am

I just posted my first article to CC. It's an old article from another client that I spun to make it all new. I priced it at about $0.09/word since it's fairly technical. I might do a few more and see how it goes.
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Advertisement

Re: First Constant Content Submission

Postby Natch » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:55 am

Try responding to public requests, too. Reply straight away, and ask the customer to send you a private request, so you know you're not wasting your time. I've earned a couple of hundred dollars this past week through that.
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:30 am

Sweet! Thanks Natch, I will take a look at that first thing tomorrow. :D
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby CrazyHatLady » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:38 pm

I didn't know we could do that. I usually write the article and post it, but none of them ever get bought. I finally gave up. I'll definitely try that next time.
CrazyHatLady

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:07 pm

"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Peaches » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Since Google took Suite outback and shot it I switched to Constant Content for my abandoned DS articles. I put my first piece in last Friday and it got accepted yesterday, but I can't find it up for sale anywhere.

Is there a delay between acceptance and posting or am I not looking in the right place? Also- is the 6-day wait for review typical or is just because it's my first piece?
“It is not whether you win or lose, it is whether or not you get totally stoked.” -Sun Tzu
Peaches

Postby EnigmaticJack » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:31 pm

Just remember that you need to have a piece accepted before you can contact people with requests. And expect some shit offers if you mark that you're willing to haggle on your prices. I had one guy make me an offer of $7 for full rights on a piece. I was willing to come down some on the piece, but even Demand pays better than that.
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby Tink » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:16 pm

You actually need to have five articles accepted before you can contact a buyer. I have three, and tried to contact someone, and kept getting a message "you need to have an article accepted before you can contact a buyer directly", and I sent CC an email saying "hey, what's up? I have 3 accepted". They said "Actually, you need to have five articles accepted. Sorry about the typo in that message".
Tink

Postby imnotaslave » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:34 pm

CC was one of the first places I wrote. I wish I had stayed, but now it's hard to get off the DS crack and get back there. The key is to have a ton of articles up. The ones who do the best have thousands of articles up and do a lot of private requests. I was there for six months and never got one private request, but that was when I first started writing, so I probably sucked. I did sell one article for $40, but that's the most I ever got. I used to search out all my articles to find out where they went. Did a few for $10 each once and found them on one of those sites that sells papers to students. I reported it, and they came back with a real nasty answer that they weren't the cyber police. That's when I stopped writing there.

Daily Article used to do that too. She would pay you $10 an article, then turned around and sold them to those sites for $20. I think that's just wrong.
imnotaslave

Postby Alice P. Abernathy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:02 pm

I've got too much on my plate as it is, but I did a little experiment with CC at one point. I picked a few hot niches, rewrote a few PLR articles and they all sold. I priced them pretty cheap, though, about $10-$15, but considering places like TCA pay less than $2 for the same amount of effort, it's an upgrade.

If I didn't already have too much to do, I'd probably invest more time in this method. I hate how nit-picky they are about formatting articles, too.
Alice P. Abernathy

Next

Return to Constant Content