• Advertisement

Constant Content -- drawback (bit of a rant)

constant-content.com

Constant Content -- drawback (bit of a rant)

Postby Natch » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:59 am

So I've submitted the same fucking article THREE times now. It takes about five days on average for a submission to be reviewed. Now the request I wrote it for has EXPIRED.

Submission 1 was rejected because I double-spaced the document. The article itself was perfect.

Submission 2 was rejected because the short summary (not part of the article) needs "full sentences." I've no idea what that meant, as the submission no longer exists for me to check what I wrote.

So now I'm on submission 3 and the request is 10 days old. I had a guarantee by PM that the customer (legit company, I checked out the website) would take the article if I submitted it, but I don't know if he'll honour that now the request has expired.

So I'm pretty pissed because my work might be down the drain. And it was a damned good article that no one else can use because it is tailored specifically to the request. Yet if CC were willing to make the minutest of edits to a submission, or to let the single-spaced thing slide, they'd have made an instant $17.50 from me for basically skimming the article. Yeah, it pisses ME off, but I don't understand how it's even good business for CC to be so strict.

Slow review times and rejections for petty reasons. Sound familiar? :D
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Advertisement

Re: Constant Content -- drawback (bit of a rant)

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:54 am

aaah, yeah, they changed some stuff after I went back. I got a rejection after I went back in December for only having 2 sentences in my short summary. The guidelines say you need 3. :roll: Not sure that was there before, because I didn't get a rejection for that before.

I've gotten a rejection once for 1 misplaced comma too. It's annoying. That's why I say always proof really well before submission. There's a huge difference between CC and DMS. It's worth it though.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Tink » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 am

They're losing money by not making simple edits like that. How does that make sense? If your client was a new client and he's unhappy with the process, he might not use them again. It sounds like you're doing pretty good over there though. I'm happy for you.
Tink

Postby Natch » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:32 am

Yeah, it makes no sense to me. They could have made easy money from me -- it's not like Demand where they have to wait months to make an ROI. I'm doing all right generally, though.

I definitely consider CC a stepping stone, however, as you're bound by the T&C not to contact (CC) clients outside of CC. If they contact you privately through the site, you're obliged to instruct them to do business through CC. Not that it's an ethical issue so much as an issue of getting caught and thrown off the site.

It does, however, mean that any business you make through CC stays on CC forever, if you play by the rules. If I make a client for life there, CC gets a 35% slice for the rest of my existence. :D
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:08 pm

I think part of the reason they don't do edits is because if they edit the text in your long summary, the document still has the typo/error. So they put the onus on the writer to fix any mistakes. Still annoying, but getting that sold email is cool. I need to upload more content there and do some of the open requests. I love CC when things are rolling well.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Return to Constant Content