• Advertisement

Going to Put 900 Articles on CC...Need Some Advice

constant-content.com

Re: Going to Put 900 Articles on Constant Content...Need Som

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:32 am

I love CC. The only issue I have is that you can upload articles but have to wait sometimes for months for them to sell, and well, I'm like most people and need cash now. However, if you do write there consistently, you'll have extra income each month. I've sold maybe 85% (I think?) of my articles.

To answer some of your questions -

-You won't be able to upload all 900 at once. You have to get 10 (I think it's 10?) approved before you can have more than 3 in the queue at a time.

-Be very careful with plagiarism. It's a one-shot deal. If they think you've plagiarized, you're done. Account term'd and that's it. If you rewrite the content, make sure it's 100% original.

-Be careful rewriting articles you've sold. Some customers watch the writers, and I've seen customers buy an article, writer rewrites it, then the customer complains to CC. CC credited the customer. This happened to someone in the forums, so just keep that in mind. I know A LOT of CC writers do it, though, so it isn't necessarily against the rules.

-Don't forget their 35% cut. OUCH

-Make sure you check and double-check work. If they think you're ESL or write poorly, they will term the account. I know this probably doesn't include you, but I also know that when you're spinning an article in large quantities, you start to slip. lol I've gotten rejections there from too much late night article writing. I usually write but then proof my stuff in the mornings.

-They have more editors now. When it was just one editor, he asked people to upload slowly. I think you should do it in batches of 10. There is somewhat a sense of seniority there, I think. I could probably get away with fucking up 5ish articles in a row, but as a new writer, if you have a lot of errors in your first few, and they have to reject, you might get suspended.

-How To articles sell very well there. I charge between $.08 and $.10 a word and do fine. Maybe I just have to wait longer for it to sell. I always remove the offer for "best offer," because you usually get ridiculous offers. Like $7 for an original 400 word article. With CC's cut, you get like $5, so I never sell for that low unless it's a "use" license, which means that the article is found somewhere else.

-Sell for full rights mostly to make the most money, but the article has to be original. You can resell your content on Suite101/Helium/AC for use for about $10. That's about where I sell for use. I've turned articles I've written at Helium into $20-$30 profit, because I sell them for use at CC.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Advertisement

Re: Going to Put 900 Articles on CC...Need Some Advice

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:57 pm

CC is a great place to make money. With TheBatman around, I usually do my DS crap work then spend time with him, but I used to try to get one extra article out after DS and my favorite was CC. Since Suite is dead, I was going to try for 5/week at CC but I just haven't had the time. I think $500 extra a month isn't a bad goal for CC. I think it's completely possible. Just don't forget their cut. lol The most I made there one month was $400, but I think that was something like $250 in my pocket. That's a rough cut. I usually try to write 400 words and sell between $35-$40. I never come down on price unless it's been a really long time and the customer offers something substantial like $25. However, I've never had a substantial offer except for one time, so I quit using the best offer feature. It's a waste of time IMO. There was some guy who went down allllllll of my tech articles (and other writers) and offered $3 for them. Ridiculous. It's kinda annoying and that happens a lot.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Return to Constant Content