[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Does CC always do this, or did I get a wacky editor?

• Advertisement

Does CC always do this, or did I get a wacky editor?

constant-content.com

Does CC always do this, or did I get a wacky editor?

Postby 60bagsoftrash » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:54 pm

I just started submitting to CC, and got a rejection for a single word the editor thought I should change. S/he wrote an entire paragraph that ended with a suggestion for an alternate word. So I had to edit and resubmit the document with that one word changed, which of course will now have to be reviewed again. I have no idea how this could possibly serve them. Have the rest of you encountered it?
60bagsoftrash

Advertisement

Re: Does CC always do this, or did I get a wacky editor?

Postby sickofstupidity » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:31 am

In my experience, that's typical. They will send an article back for a comma. My first article was sent back because I forgot to change the default Calibri font to Times New Roman.
sickofstupidity

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Yeah, they are picky. Make sure you proof. They are better as far as reviews go. It used to be you'd have to wait another (well, back then) 3-4 days to get it re-reviewed, but you should have it reviewed within a day. At least, for rejections, that's my experience. I had one rejected with a suggestion for a change of a word, changed it, sent it back and it was accepted within 24 hours.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Water's Fine » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:39 am

Somewhere on this forum someone said there's something about the format that doesn't let them post a change to your document. I got a rejection the other day for a hyphen and one other minor thing, and I didn't stress about it because I'd read that here. They accepted it really quickly after that. I like CC, the straightforwardness is restful.
Water's Fine

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:12 am

Constant content sent me a Christmas card too. I didn't expect that.
CE_ClueBat

Postby undercover » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:05 pm

CC editors are extremely picky, and CC is absolutely worth writing for. I haven't submitted for a little while; last November they were taking between one and two weeks to review content! I hope that has sped back up.
undercover

Postby sickofstupidity » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:48 pm

sickofstupidity

Postby CE_ClueBat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:04 pm

What about public requests? I'm really pissed about the shit with public requests. I had like a 80% chance of a sale when I would write on my topic, but the zombs have fucked up the system so badly, it's taking too long. The last time I submitted was right before xmas.
CE_ClueBat

Postby Water's Fine » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:22 pm

How come sometimes a public request goes up, and then disappears shortly after, or at least way before the deadline?
Water's Fine

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:17 pm

A few reasons. CC editorial thinks it's not a good fit (it's spam or the guy is just trying to get free work). The buyer changes his mind or the buyer goes into the general pool and finds what he wants and just cancels the request.
CE_ClueBat

Return to Constant Content