[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Recommend Constant Content

• Advertisement

Recommend Constant Content

constant-content.com

Recommend Constant Content

Postby Natch » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:50 pm

I've been signed up for Constant Content for a while, but only started using it this week.

My first article (600 words) sold within an hour or two of acceptance for $50, full rights, of which I got $32.50. I priced with the 65% in mind. It was a pretty straightforward article about healthy eating. My second article got accepted this evening and sold within 15 minutes for $40, unique rights, of which I get $26. That article was 1,000 words on travel. I'm considering just pricing for one-time usage and full rights on future articles, as there's no difference for the author between unique and full rights. Full rights on that last article would have been $60.

If you write decent content on popular subjects and can pitch your articles well in the short summary, I recommend giving it a go. Even with the 35% the site takes off the top, you can sell your writing for a much fairer price than DS pays. (Although their $15 is better than most content mills.)
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Advertisement

Re: Recommend Constant Content

Postby The Batman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:57 pm

"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby BurnCEs » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:29 am

Thanks Natch, I'm definitely going to take this one out for a ride and give her a whirl.
BurnCEs

Postby Natch » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:27 am

Don't want to come across as spammy, so I won't paste my referral URL, but if anyone does decide to sign up and fancies doing me a favour, send me a PM and I'll send it.
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:50 pm

CC is great money, but I don't think you can make a fulltime income. If you keep watch on the recently sold content, they don't sell enough in general. I'd like to sell 2-3 articles a day there, but I don't think the site has enough traffic for that kind of guarantee. The most I've made there is $250. Can't complain, but shit that 35% hurts.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Natch » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Natch

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Yeah, I sell pretty high. There are two types at CC. Some people sell really low and some people price at a decent price. I figure that I might price higher, but my one sale is two of the cheap content, so it evens out.

CC posted some stats on the forum once. The best sales price is between $.05-$.08 per word. I sell at the higher range, and I can't complain. I'm not doing as well as I did last year, though. One of the high profit earners posted last year that she made 60 sales, so you can make a decent income, but not enough for full time. It helps to be diverse in your topics, too, but of course it's easier to write what you know.
CE_ClueBat

Postby Natch » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:41 pm

I think I'm going to start posting any over-picky rewrites to CC. I'll brush them up a bit first because a) DS style is shite and b) I can get more money for it at CC. As long as it's a fairly good topic, that's what I'll do. For example, I just got a rewrite on, let's say, "How to get into law school." Broad enough that it'll sell at CC, I think; the CE who just gave me a rewrite at Demand was just too... demanding.
Natch

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:52 pm

CE_ClueBat

Postby The Batman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Sorry, Natch. I signed up a couple of days ago before realizing that they rewarded you for having others sign up through you. Submitted my first article today. What are review times like there?
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Next

Return to Constant Content