[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Recommend Constant Content

• Advertisement

Recommend Constant Content

constant-content.com

Re: Recommend Constant Content

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:37 pm

About 2-3 days, including weekends.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Advertisement

Postby Captain Canuck » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:39 pm

I've had an account there for a while but I've only posted one halfassed title. Without entierly giving away your ideas do you have a general idea of what sorts of concepts people are buying there?

The site is rather bogglingly non user friendly, I'm sure it's posted somewhere but I haven't found it yet.
Captain Canuck

Postby Natch » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:10 pm

This is the link for recently sold content: http://www.constant-content.com/account ... ontent.htm

I'd say be as general as possible and think in terms of keywords that potential clients want to use to get people to their site. If you don't write broadly enough, the chances that someone is going to find your article are slim. Think popular categories, eg, health, travel, internet, and then broad keyword phrases within those, eg "healthy eating tips," "New York travel tips," "Google search tips."

Just to give you an idea, my first two articles, which sold quickly and at a good price, were a) tips for reducing blood sugar and b) top 10 London attractions. When I submitted them, I figured any general dietary/health/nutrition/travel website would snap them up.

I'd echo what someone else said, however -- they're sticklers for punctuation and spelling at CC. I just got an article rejected because of two minor typos that could have been fixed in a second by an editor. (Frankly, it's kinda shitty that they'll take 35 percent of your fee and can't be bothered fixing a typo, but ho hum.) You can resubmit rejected articles, but you have to submit them from scratch again.
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby Captain Canuck » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Captain Canuck

Postby The Batman » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:51 am

"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby Natch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:56 am

I just had yet another article rejected, which makes two rejections this week, both for minor typos and negotiable 'errors.' Wouldn't bother me so much if it hadn't taken quite a few days for them to be reviewed. I resubmitted them, but at this rate, I probably won't hear back till next week.
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby Natch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 am

Actually, as I look down the list of recently sold content, I wonder if CC is just short-staffed. Even with 35 percent of sales, it doesn't look like CC authors sell enough to keep up a staff of more than one.
Natch

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:45 am

You can't make CC full time. Their high earner does well, but she's been on the site for 5 years and has lots of private requests.

Topics that sell well are anything tech related, health, marketing and business.

CC used to be very friendly, but mid-summer last year, they suddenly pulled back and the editors don't even talk to the writers anymore. You used to be able to ask why a piece was rejected, and the editor would respond.

Site traffic has also gone down. I know CC used to attend trade shows and actively market writers' work, but I'm wondering if they still do. I wonder if they sold the site? I don't know. I did really well at the beginning of last year, and it seems like their traffic has gone down.

I'd like to make about $500/month there. That is a realistic goal. I know people make 4 figures there, but those people have thousands of articles up.
CE_ClueBat

Postby Nuh-uh » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:55 pm

Yes, their traffic certainly has gone down. I used to sell a lot there - but now, next to nothing. Mine are almost all priced between $30 and $50.

If you go to the "Recently Sold" page, click on the "Search Topics" tab - shows you what people have recently searched for.

I used to copy & paste old junk I had on Helium (yeah, I know, it was dumb and I was only there several months) and sell it on C-C. Maybe I should go through and spend a morning uploading more of it.
Nuh-uh

Postby CE_ClueBat » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:08 pm

I think they give priority too to veterans. If you write there more, your review times get shorter. I used to get articles for public requests reviewed within hours. The first one I did when I went back was a few days. The last one, I only waited a day.

I've only sold 2 things since I went back. I used to post up stuff and it would sell in minutes. I continue to post stuff, but the site isn't what it used to be that's for sure. I've written about 5 for public requests and only 1 buyer wound up buying something.

It's good to throw stuff up for random sales, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem as reliable as it used to be.
CE_ClueBat

PreviousNext

Return to Constant Content