• Advertisement

Also rejected for copy editing

New user? Can't post? Introduce yourself!

Also rejected for copy editing

Postby Azucena » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:30 pm

I am new to DSS and have been having trouble posting here. Perhaps this will go through.

I was approved as a writer for DMS three years ago, but my CE application was turned down. Apparently I flunked the test, despite years of copy editing experience. So it is disheartening to read DS forum posts such as these, from a writer/CE:

"Just trying to say that comma errors, whether made by the writer or the CE, are not a big deal in my book, and the same goes for hyphens. . . when I write for Demand, punctuation, style and spelling errors are introduced into my copy regularly, as happens to everyone who writes much at all for Demand. It's all below my radar."

Ya think?

In a forum, Jordan recently asked why so few people are writing TheNest articles. Several writers complained about bad CE revision requests. The same CE as above wrote, ..."there were less than 1,000 spined Nest articles (I was an AE for those, and no, I don't take yours or anyone else's comments personally),"

Um, FEWER than?

DMS should also be embarrassed to send out newsletters and emails with goofs like these:

"There was an error with our previous unsubscribe link, our apologies if you are receiving this email in errror."
Azucena

Advertisement

Return to Hi, My Name is XXX and I'm a DS-aholic....