• Advertisement

Sucking the DMS teat

New user? Can't post? Introduce yourself!

Sucking the DMS teat

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:03 am

I have a load of other clients, a lot of them are copy writing gigs that I can easily make well over $3,000 per month doing and still have time for my small clients. Unfortunately, these only pay once per month and I can't get off of this damn DMS twice-a-week teat all at once. I need to start slowly weening myself off the DMS shit and feed in more independent clients sprinkled with smaller clients. It's so damn hard though and I DO NOT want to be at DMS when the "floor falls," "roof caves in," "sky falls" (which ever you prefer) :mrgreen: .

I have a feeling this will happen some after the IPO takes off and investors realize WTF they just invested in. I also have my own website that I NEEEED to dedicate some time to.

How the hell did some of you all get off of the DMS teat, or at least limit it. :?:
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Advertisement

Re: Sucking the DMS teat

Postby Natch » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:38 am

The biweekly payments are both the blessing and the curse of working for DMS. You easily get dependent on the timetable, and if you're living hand-to-mouth, it's hard to break out of the cycle.

Jesus, listen to us. We make DMS sound like a crack addiction. Only without the positives.
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby Page1News » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:01 pm

See my post about coping with withdrawals. :mrgreen:

Honestly, you either just have to walk away and never look back or, in my case, burn the bridge down to the ground so that DMS is not an option to fall back on.

I took a little bit of a financial hit that first DMS-free month. But I rearranged my budget to accommodate pay skeds of my other gigs. If you don't burn the DMS bridge, stay away for at least two months and then come back and only use DMS for "fun money." I've said this many times, and it may sound crazy, but one of the best ways to help replace DMS income for day-to-day bills is to donate plasma twice a week. You can earn $300+/month while saving lives. It's a hell of a lot better than lining Rosenblatt's pockets.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Patrick » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:32 pm

aahhh, yes....the sweet nectar of DMS....another article made up on the spot...with recycled references...the fresh scent of $15 in my paypal account for little or next to no work....

i hear you. when i was rockin' it out full time, i felt bad in NOT writing DMS articles.
Patrick

Return to Hi, My Name is XXX and I'm a DS-aholic....