[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Long time lurker, first time poster

• Advertisement

Long time lurker, first time poster

New user? Can't post? Introduce yourself!

Long time lurker, first time poster

Postby D-Man Stud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:41 am

Yo.

I used to think this place was filled with whiners who just like to bite the hand that feeds.....and now I am one too.

I mean, Demand has always been....."flawed," but lately it's just out of control, between the increasing power of copy editors, segmenting of content, total lack of regard for writers...

Anyway, I think it's awesome that there's a place like this where people can just vent freely.

Truth be told, I feel a bit imprisoned. I hate this company with a passion, but right now (like so many among you, I'm sure) I'm absolutely stuck. I have minimal income from other sources, but not enough to safely walk away from the Demand Media Empire. It's a work in progress, though. A personal goal.

In the meantime, I hope to benefit from your wisdom and better learn how to navigate the DMS madness without losing my own sanity.
D-Man Stud

Advertisement

Re: Long time lurker, first time poster

Postby The Batman » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:09 am

Welcome. I hope you have learned your lesson. Your thoughts that we were just whiners is an insult to the long-time posters. Now, that you have figured out that you were wrong about that, tell your friends. It is Demand that is fucked not us.

You have learned. Join the party that is DSS. We don't bark. We bite. But, we have a shitload of fun doing it.

Oh, and you call yourself a stud. You will have to back that up for the ladies here. They are full of sexiness, but not easily taken in. They ain't no bimbos.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby D-Man Stud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:31 am

haha thanks. Actually "D-Man Stud" is just a bastardization of "Demand Studios" and bears no reflection on my personal sexiness (which speaks for itself).

And certainly no insult was intended, but I do speak my mind freely. Since I can see that most of you do the same, I think I will feel right at home here. Thanks again for the welcome.
D-Man Stud

Postby Scribe On Demand » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:51 am

We're a raucous bunch, but we are honest and we are fun.

You've endeared yourself to me for now with the Mr. Burns avatar. Welcome to being a whiner. ;)
2012 - Year of the Lioness

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.
Scribe On Demand

Postby D-Man Stud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:54 am

Well, it's better for me to whine among friends than to simply yell at my indifferent computer screen. Thanks so much for the welcome.

Mr. Burns just seemed like the perfect avatar for whining about evil corporate overlords.
D-Man Stud

Postby Pardon_my_French » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:35 pm

Bienvenue, and all that shit.

Pardon_my_French

Postby liarmcliarface » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Welcome to the place. I'm very new to DSS myself. The Batman is wrong, there is plenty of barking, but he's right: there is bite. These walls have teeth. From my perspective, DSS is about as close to a "union" as DMS will ever see, but without the dues and shit like dat.

What I'm trying to say is this place is lousy with ninjas. Konichiwa and again welcome. :D
"You gotta keep your worlds apart!" - George Costanza
liarmcliarface

Postby D-Man Stud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:24 pm

Thanks. If this is a union, I'm all in favor of picketing the Santa Monica office (I'm not too far from there).
D-Man Stud

Postby liarmcliarface » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:37 pm

If DSS organized a picket line outside the Santa Monica HQ, it would probably turn into more of a mass mooning.
"You gotta keep your worlds apart!" - George Costanza
liarmcliarface

Postby D-Man Stud » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:35 pm

That could be fun too.
D-Man Stud

Next

Return to Hi, My Name is XXX and I'm a DS-aholic....