[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Not a DS-aholic -- I can quit whenever I want!

• Advertisement

Not a DS-aholic -- I can quit whenever I want!

New user? Can't post? Introduce yourself!

Not a DS-aholic -- I can quit whenever I want!

Postby G-String Theory » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 am

I hooked up with DS about a year ago after seeing an ad on Craigslist. I applied to be a writer using one of my better published samples and was promptly rejected. Angry that someone of my spectacular standing* would be turned down by such a patently lowbrow operation, I immediately applied again using a different e-mail address and a piss-poor writing sample -- in other words, out of sheer spite and to waste some drone's time -- and was promptly accepted. Then, a week later, I got an e-mail stating that my application status had changed and that I was being considered for a copy editor position as well. I took the CE test, not bothering to read the directions all the way through and therefore fucking up a generous portion of the test. I passed and was thus a writer and an editor. Over the months I consistently ignored editing in favor of writing for reasons of basic economics, and someone finally got on my ass about it because they had nothing by which to judge the quality of my editing work. So I started editing, thinking "this is easy" and not being especially stringent -- I mean, come on, have you seen some of the fucking bilge that inhabits the shameful eHow domain? Of course you have. Well, I got a review and someone's ass was chapped because I was told that I needed to do a hell of a lot better. "That's nice," I thought, returning mostly to writing (which was garnering consistently high marks, albeit from the same editors who are in no position to judge anything more complex than their own grocery lists) and going about what little editing I was doing in very much the same way as before, i.e., with an Alfred E. Neuman "What? Me worry?" level of stringency. I did reject a few of the more atrocious submissions. So I got another performance review and was told I was basically out on my ass soon if I didn't turn things around. In the meantime I was making increasing amounts of money filing startlingly irrelevant articles of my own. I decided I'd just rack up as many editing dollars as I could before the hammer dropped, which it soon did. That was a few months ago, and I took some time away from DS to work for other entities so I could assure myself that I could actually still write in English when this was asked of me, and recently came back to exploit the less banal properties of the mill. I learned of this place when trying to search Google for something on the real DS, so -- great job, gang!

G-String Theory

Advertisement

Re: Not a DS-aholic -- I can quit whenever I want!

Postby Pardon_my_French » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Pardon_my_French

Postby prosetitute » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Welcome, but I have to agree with the frog.

"Whoa! This guy has taffy!"
prosetitute

Postby The Batman » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:28 pm

"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby EnigmaticJack » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:54 pm

'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Return to Hi, My Name is XXX and I'm a DS-aholic....