[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Time to stop lurking...

• Advertisement

Time to stop lurking...

New user? Can't post? Introduce yourself!

Time to stop lurking...

Postby thebesig » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Hello everyone, "thebesig," here.

I wrote for Demand Studios regularly from late 2008 to early 2009. I only wrote two articles for them since then. They let me go on July 31, 2011. Not a loss, no regrets here. Matter of fact, I was glad that they let me go, I even let them know that. I've posted my letter to them on one of my blogs in case anybody is interested.

I didn't post on their forums, my username there was "Uoytog."

I'm glad that I've found this site. Looks like I'm not the only one that observed certain things about Demand Studios. Many of you guys voiced the same thing that I've voiced to Demand Studios back in the day... and as recently as when they released me.

Sometime down the road, I'm going to generate a post on how we could get back at Demand Media. It'll be completely legal, and you'll build your writing portfolio in the process. I did one aspect of it on July 30, 2011, by placing a productive comment on one of their Ehow articles.

This tactic is simple, it makes you look like the "subject matter expert," and it helps build your writing portfolio. If what some are saying is true, with Demand Studios intending to ride on what has already been written, I'd say they'd be more vulnerable now than they were before.

I'm military, and like to do things military style. :D I hope to get many of you on board.
Illegitimi non carborundum
thebesig

Advertisement

Re: Time to stop lurking...

Postby Pardon_my_French » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:26 pm

:?

Pardon_my_French

Postby The Batman » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:41 pm

We'll see. Post in plain black text and we'll look at your plan, private.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby thebesig » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:48 pm

thebesig

Postby thebesig » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:51 pm

thebesig

Postby tommysmom » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi, I've been reading here for a while. You guys know me, have talked about me quite a bit. In the beginning, the talk was all negative. That was okay. I don't pay attention to what some anonymous assholes think, or post, about me.

Lately, you've decided to let me off the hook a bit. That's okay, too. You still don't really know me and I like it that way.

I've gotten a couple of jobs by paying attention over here because you guys are, for all intents and purposes, more knowledgeable than what I get from the zombie forums. And I happen to agree with you about the bullshit that's going down at DMS.

So fire away, darlings, I'm ready for you.
Last edited by tommysmom on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
tommysmom

Postby EnigmaticJack » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:59 pm

'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby tommysmom » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:00 pm

tommysmom

Postby thebesig » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:05 pm

thebesig

Postby Page1News » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:39 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Next

Return to Hi, My Name is XXX and I'm a DS-aholic....