[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Time to stop lurking...

• Advertisement

Time to stop lurking...

New user? Can't post? Introduce yourself!

Re: Time to stop lurking...

Postby thebesig » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Since you guys decided that you wanted a flame war, I'm very happy to contribute. :D I failed to mention this in my initial post, but I'll mention it here. One of my hobbies involves perpetual online debating. So thanks for engaging me in one of my hobbies. :D

NEXT! :twisted:
Illegitimi non carborundum
thebesig

Advertisement

Postby Page1News » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:43 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby BurnCEs » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:52 pm

BurnCEs

Postby EnigmaticJack » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:00 pm

'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby Da Boyz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Da Boyz

Postby thebesig » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:59 pm

thebesig

Postby thebesig » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:00 pm

thebesig

Postby thebesig » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:10 pm

Da Boyz: If that's the case, then you really suck at it. I mean, really really suck at it.

Wrong. I've effectively countered other people's arguments on this thread. You have to use facts and logic to support such a comment. You've miserably failed to do so. The opposition here sucks at debating. I say this comparing you guys to the other people that I've debated on the other message boards over these past few years.

Da Boyz: Your flamebait is weak,

I didn't start the flame. I made an introductory post. The responses begged for the replies that I eventually gave. Flame bait? Wrong. Flame for flame would be a more accurate description.

If my flames were "weak," you wouldn't be here trying to flame me.

Yes, you heard me right. A flame is supposed to get under someone's skin, right? Your comments aren't even close to accomplishing that. If anybody is weak in the flaming and debating department, it's you. Your argument and flames are like yesterday's coffee, a bit weak in the bean.

Da Boyz: you're picking fights about your rank

I'm not the first person that mentioned rank on this thread. If you understood what was going on in this thread, you'd notice that I talked about rank in response to someone referring to me by the wrong rank.

Pay attention to what you're reading.

Da Boyz: and not realizing that people are calling you ranks from other branches of the service on purpose

You're bringing a non point up. I reply to them knowing that they're doing that on purpose. Don't assume about what goes on in my mind and what doesn't. There's a purpose behind every statement I made on this thread.

Da Boyz: and your top-secret sales pitch about "building your portfolio" while getting back at DMS boils down to making stupid comments in articles to show your "expertise."

WRONG. Go back and read what the first post says, without bias, and with the intentions of understanding what you're reading. If you do that, you'll see two main things jump at you. You'll also see what I'm actually getting at. You'd spare yourself from pulling things out of thin air like what you're doing here.

Making comments on their articles is just part of the whole proposal. There's another part of that strategy; hence, the talk about portfolio building doesn't boil down to making stupid comments. If I come out and talk about building a portfolio, that's not "top secret." If it were, I would've never mentioned it.

This is a strategy that kills two birds with one stone.

Da Boyz: You brag about having other clients and using content work as a stepping stone,

Making a statement of fact doesn't constitute bragging... especially if it's made in response to what someone else said. It's like I said, there's a purpose behind every statement that I make. That purpose isn't top secret to someone that can read a post with the intentions of understanding what's being said.

Da Boyz: yet you're coming here and tossing out hints about your super-secret plan.

My making the posts that I've made on this thread doesn't change the facts as related to the other writing that I'm doing. It wouldn't be a "super secret" plan if I were willing to talk about it.

Da Boyz: Nobody cares. Honestly. You say that they care because they're responding to you, but your reasoning's faulty; they're responding to make fun of you, to kill time

I refuse to believe that human nature changes from one message board to another. I've been debating online, on and off, since 2003. Everybody that told me that "nobody cares," followed a course of action that contradicted their statement.

I know the real reason people respond to me, and it's no different from that of others that I've debated with since 2003. The "nobody cares" canard is just more self serving claptrap by people who don't have a good argument, or debate standing, but who still want to hear themselves talk.

There are people on this message board who don't care... they're staying away from this thread. Those that care are on this thread. If they didn't care, they'd do what the others here, who don't care, have done.

My reasoning is accurate, and is based on what I've observed from debating on other message boards.

Da Boyz:until you're banned for being a troll

Being a troll for what? Giving other posters here a taste of their own medicine? If I do get banned, I'll just continue this debate on another website that I post on. There's an international audience could get good get entertainment at your, and other posters here, line of reasoning.

Da Boyz: or bringing your stupid sales pitch here. I know, I know... you didn't say that you were selling anything. You're still trying to sell us on some stupid "portfolio-building" scheme that somehow involves eHow, so I call it like I see it.

Let me show you how you're using inductive fallacy. The ancients "called it as they see it," when they claimed that the sun orbited the earth. Did that make them right? NOPE. In your case, you're not even calling it like you see it. You're calling it as your bias lens interprets it.

There's no mystery about my intentions, especially if you read what I say with the intentions of understanding what I'm saying.

Second, you're contradicting yourself.

You wouldn't need to backtrack and talk about why you think I'm giving a sales pitch if that's what I was doing for a fact.

You give a sales pitch for something that you're selling in exchange for money. The first post hinted at a suggestion... for those who wanted to do something constructive instead of just venting.

Da Boyz: But you go right ahead and keep arguing about your right to use blue text since you've been doing it since you were a badass on AOL,

My continuing to argue with you guys is going to be a given. I'll continue to use blue text, especially if that option is available to me. I don't always use blue text; however, dropping it was never done in response to confrontation.

None of the message boards that I've posted on were AOL.

Da Boyz: and telling us how special you are because you've got clients and don't write for content farms anymore.

If you paid attention to what you were reading, you'd notice that I made that comment in response to someone that tried to indicate that "I was just getting started." I had to show that his advice wasn't needed, and that it was misplaced.

But, the fact that I don't need to write for content farms to earn money seems to have struck a nerve with you.

Da Boyz: Whatever makes you happy,

Taking your drivel apart makes me happy.

Da Boyz: Private Pyle.

Based on your comment, I'd say this character was a lot more quick than you are right now.
thebesig

Postby Camacho » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:26 pm

"Fuck yeah!"
Camacho

Postby partygirl » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:42 pm

*yawn* tl;dr, blueballs.
partygirl

PreviousNext

Return to Hi, My Name is XXX and I'm a DS-aholic....