• Advertisement

Unlurking

New user? Can't post? Introduce yourself!

Unlurking

Postby dogsrulecatsdrool » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:17 am

Hi, been lurking for awhile. Decided to come out of the dark because I noticed something strange at Demand Studios yesterday. I was part of First Look in the beginning, just barely getting in because I didn't take the active voice thing seriously at first and just wrote the way I liked to write. When I finally realized they were serious, I played zombie and wrote the way they liked and was about 3.7, 3.8, depending on the day -- and apparently a 3.8 on the day they decided to pick the First Look writers.

About a month ago, I got the "Your score dropped and we booted you out of First Look" email. Sure enough, when I checked my new score, I was suddenly at a 3.7, even though my scores had been consistently good during the time. At that point, I kind of just said WTF and concentrated on writing for some other sites.

Yesterday, out of boredom, I thought I'd look at my scorecard, which suddenly listed me at a 3.9 even though I hadn't written for them since the 3.7. And, if I were to be honest, I don't think I had ever been at a 3.9 in the past, mainly because I had been part of that Hotels.com gig, where I would occasionally get some low scores because I couldn't think of creative ways to sell some of the piece of crap hotels I had to write about. Anyway, long story short -- I find it strange that I'm suddenly at a 3.9 when I haven't written anything recently
dogsrulecatsdrool

Advertisement

Re: Unlurking

Postby CE_ClueBat » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:02 pm

eHow tech people are morons. They are cloaking their PR links and they blamed Google for the site going down. They are a bunch of liars and idiots.

If a bot makes your server error out, then you are cloaking (which we already know) because you're showing content based on user-agent. Cloaking will get you the banhammer from Google. Idiots.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby dogsrulecatsdrool » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:43 pm

:D The whole scorecard thing has apparently been a joke
dogsrulecatsdrool

Postby CE_ClueBat » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:17 pm

People have been complaining that the scorecard is wrong for ages, and I'm really not surprised. The thing is that Demand Studios doesn't care. They have plenty of writers, so a little friendly fire means nothing to them.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Gary Busey for CE » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:41 pm

It was just a Paypal glitch. Jordan's on the phone with their people right now to correct the issue...
-------
I was in "Lethal Weapon," dammit.
Gary Busey for CE

Postby dogsrulecatsdrool » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:25 pm

But, of course
dogsrulecatsdrool

Postby dogsrulecatsdrool » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:21 pm

If I recall correctly, I hadn't written much right before the "We took your First Look" privileges away email. I do remember being slightly surprised that my overall score went down to a 3.7 because my scores for the few things I had written had been good. I haven't written since I got that email (which I know they claim they sent in error) because I thought my score had actually fallen to a 3.7. I figured there was no point in looking at the quiche, since I never saw anything when I had First Look rights and would see even less of nothing without the so-called privilege. So I am very surprised to see my overall score go up to a 3.9 and am wondering if that means I will be given rights to write again in the future... and still really not sure I care as I was pretty tired of having the copy editors giving me mental wedgies all the time. Possible moral of the story: Don't write and your scores will go up :shock:
dogsrulecatsdrool

Postby dogsrulecatsdrool » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:22 pm

oh, forgot to say one thing -- it was right after that past 50 scorecard that my score went down to that 3.7.
dogsrulecatsdrool

Return to Hi, My Name is XXX and I'm a DS-aholic....