[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Will Write For Food

• Advertisement

Will Write For Food

New user? Can't post? Introduce yourself!

Will Write For Food

Postby mordecai&rigby » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Heyas, I'm new here.

I have 2 more rewrites in my queue to release for DMS; then I'm outta there. I'm a CE (ducks) and had to reapply for permissions for the new and improved H&G section and am fully expecting to get shitcanned even though I had a contractor sitting next to me helping me answer the questions...he just happened to be over for dinner when the email arrived, with the header "Congratulations! You qualified. Now just one more little thing..."

There are no editing jobs out there, so I signed on as a writer at oDesk, TextBroker, WriterAccess and Interact Media until I can get a brick & mortar gig pushing legal documents. I knew the end was near when a senior CE went through my queue of rewrites and told me to reject them because their "senior expert home improvement" guru said there were egregious errors. You just don't go over an editor's head and do their job for them. Not cool. It was a great run while it lasted, but the party's over. And I have nothing but respect for you writers. Those who can't write are called copy-editors. Heh.
mordecai&rigby

Advertisement

Re: Will Write For Food

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Welcome CE. I had heard these underqualified "consultants" were going through people's work. Got to love it when Demand Media Studios hires people with 2 year hobbyist experience as the "expert" and judges people on their expertise. Sarah Pike is the technology "expert" and all she's done is write about the best mouses for Macs for PCMag.com. She's an idiot.

We have a global disclaimer that any cool CEs who post here are not included in our rage posts. :D Page is awesome and Willie is hilarious. I just wish more of you cool peeps would come out.

I've heard some stuff on the streets about the consultants. CEs are saying these people are morons and making bad calls.

You'll survive. I just got a new job and started last week. I can't tell you how much weight is off my shoulders since I no longer care about Demand Media Studios and their shitty editors. Once the initial shock goes away, you start to feel so relieved. I had that "OMG, nooo it's gone!" feeling at first, but I busted my ass for about a month and found work.

You'll get through it. Demand Media Studios makes people lazy not only because there was work when you signed in, but because the company is such pure shit that you get to a point that you just dont' give a shit about what you pump out anymore. Their whole mess of shitty content stems from their own staff, so I don't feel sorry for them at all. They treated their contractors like shit, and the company is a result of their own ignorance and poor management.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Page1News » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:04 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby DMS Tech Team » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Welcome and enjoy freeing yourself from that shithole.

Cool CEs are just fine by all of us and are actually welcomed with open arms. You are the folks that allow us to scrap by with the bare minimum bullshit and make our $15 - $25 with relative ease :mrgreen: .
Fixin' web servers, four steps at a time!
DMS Tech Team

Postby Water's Fine » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:23 am

I should have read this before I went off on a little rant. Yep, sounds familiar.
Water's Fine

Return to Hi, My Name is XXX and I'm a DS-aholic....