[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Well, hey there gang...

• Advertisement

Well, hey there gang...

New user? Can't post? Introduce yourself!

Well, hey there gang...

Postby wordmercenary » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:53 am

I've been lurking around here for the last month or so, mainly looking for ideas to increase DMS article output. I don't post to or bother reading the DMS forums, so there is no one to connect me to there.

I've written somewhere from 300-400 articles for DMS in the last year, but these days find the tech titles are all crap like "How do I program C++ with Photoshop Action scripts?". Sometimes the tech titles make me want to stab myself in the head after reading the level of stupid that has been injected into them.

I started writing for DMS to make some extra pocket change. To date, DMS has purchased a netbook computer, DSLR camera, HD video camera and an international plane ticket for me. Thanks Richard! Last May, I decided DMS was providing enough for me with between 5-10 articles a day, to allow me some international travel time. I've been writing for DMS from the road, and trying to live off the income.

About three months ago, writable titles started to get scarce. So much for my plan to live free of a specific geography while relying on DMS. Anyhow, I quickly found some alternate sources of income (that don't involve blowjobs and crack whores) to sustain my travels, and have diversified to some real publications. I've also tried out some other content mills suggested on this website.

So far, I'm not getting rich, but I am not starving either. I am also still managing to do all this 7,000 miles away from home.
For the love of money
wordmercenary

Advertisement

Re: Well, hey there gang...

Postby The Batman » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:55 am

Welcome! Please share any DMS tips or other freelance tips you want.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby Page1News » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:06 am

You mean you can do freelancing and travel the world without being on food stamps?

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

8-)
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby wordmercenary » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:17 am

For the love of money
wordmercenary

Postby D.H. » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:52 am

Well, I hope you didn't write this piece-of-shit article.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7501917_use-cf- ... -slot.html

It's just plain wrong. Check the link and you'll see an SD to CF adapter. Title is exactly the opposite. Where's the fact checking? Even the instructions are for shit. Sorry, I'm just annoyed because I was doing a little research to see how I could adapt a CF card to an SD slot. I succumbed to eHow after exhausting some earlier options, and I find this piece of jack shit.

I'd flag it, but there are so many hoops to jump through, I can't be bothered. Easier to login here and gripe. I may just go on the forums and rip that shit a new one. I know who he is. Mr. Prolific. LOL
D.H.

Postby The Batman » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:59 am

Yikes! That fuckhead is always going off about how much he writes and how fucking knowledgeable he is on tech stuff. That article is for shit.

Give 'em hell!
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby wordmercenary » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:07 am

For the love of money
wordmercenary

Postby wordmercenary » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:11 am

For the love of money
wordmercenary

Postby D.H. » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:13 am

There is actually nothing that can do the job. That title should be unwriteable, or the honorable thing to do would have been to explain that it's not possible and write about using a USB adapter that supports both formats instead.

If I razzed him on the z-forums, I'd out myself. I'm tempted. Now you all know, he's full of shit.

Sorry to the OP on this thread, I didn't mean to hijack your intro with a rant about bad quality control. However, it does illustrate the point that even with all the purported quality control some high percentage of the articles on eHow are just plain wrong. I won't stoop that low. He knew full well that he was writing a full-of-shit article, I can tell you that much.
D.H.

Postby wordmercenary » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:15 am

For the love of money
wordmercenary

Next

Return to Hi, My Name is XXX and I'm a DS-aholic....