[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Monetizing Blogs

• Advertisement

Monetizing Blogs

Looking to start freelancing? Need some advice? What the hell do you think this is here for?

Re: Monetizing Blogs

Postby Crackity Jones » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:19 pm

Crackity Jones

Advertisement

Postby Natch » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:30 pm

I'd never noticed whether blog comment links were nofollow. I assumed they were (at least perceived to be) valuable links for SEO purposes, since spammers are so keen to add their hyperlinks to comments threads. It never occurred to me people actually clicked. (I was apparently wrong about people clicking on eHow links, though, so...)
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby oyvey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi, Crackity!

Will send you a pm with my blog -- not so sure it makes a difference if its public; maybe I am naive but I can't imagine anyone at DS caring about anything I have said here.

Please forgive me if I tell you anything you already know:

Anyway, you said you are blogger, correct? So you know about widgets. And you can use Adsense widgets on your blog page. So:

Step 1: Do you already have an Adsense account? If you write for Xomba or Hubpages, you probably do. If you do not, you should get one from Google. Its been a long time since I signed up, but if you need help with this I will attempt...

Step 2: Now you have Adsense account. Put an Adsense widget on your page. This is done through Blogger on the Design page.

When people click the ads, you will get paid. No a lot, and payout is when you reach $100, so don't quit the day job.

Now for the Adsense tool I learned to use it while writing for Suite; Suite pays directly and keeps a cut. I will try to answer you questions...

* CPC is an estimate. You get paid when somebody clicks an ad, not for page impressions.

If somebody clicks an ad generated on your blog, I assume you keep 100% of the take. Not so with Xomba, Hubpages, Suite, or any other site that pays via rev share. They each have their contracts.

To see what type of ads will most likely be generated by specific keywords and phrases, try this:
http://www.labnol.org/google-adsense-sandbox/
That is a sandbox tool. See if you like the ads that high CPC keywords generate.

Okay, I hope this was helpful. :D Will send you that pm and feel free to fire away more questions at me if you would like -- I'll share what I know but I wish I knew more... :ugeek:

ETA: man, there are a lot of typos and I am not going to bother fixing them...
oyvey

Postby Crackity Jones » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Oyvey, that does really help thanks. I knew as far as getting and having Adsense -- that's it! Thanks for helping out.
Crackity Jones

Postby OP Yum Grrrl » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:07 am

BlackHatWorld is the best forum on the internets for this kind of thing. Most of what they talk about is above my head, but they know their shit.
OP Yum Grrrl

Postby Crackity Jones » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Crackity Jones

Previous

Return to How to Start Freelancing