[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Monetizing Blogs

• Advertisement

Monetizing Blogs

Looking to start freelancing? Need some advice? What the hell do you think this is here for?

Re: Monetizing Blogs

Postby givethemyourworst » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:30 am

So are all blog comment links useless, and perhaps even harmful?

Do you have any good advice for getting backlinks, aside from writing articles with links and submitting them to sites like HubPages, articlebase, ezinearticles, etc? The only other way I know that's good is to submit to the directories that aren't spammy and sites like Digg and Stumbleupon.

SEO makes my head hurt. Once I get a few sites going though I suppose it'd be good to know.

givethemyourworst

Advertisement

Postby The Batman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:24 am

"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby Crackity Jones » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Last edited by Crackity Jones on Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crackity Jones

Postby Crackity Jones » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Crackity Jones

Postby JulianneHarte » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:32 am

I know the headache that accompanies trying to figure out SEO. I found ProBlogger added to it, but I've been getting a lot of good stuff out of CopyBlogger that I could simply put into practice and it works, even if I totally get it.
Check out http://ayearofbaking.blogspot.com, one woman's mission to bake every day for a year!
JulianneHarte

Postby Crackity Jones » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:00 am

Crackity Jones

Postby OP Yum Grrrl » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:19 am

I just got into blogging too and would love all the help I can get. I had a WordPress blog but moved it to Blogger.com so I could do AdSense and Amazon for $$$. My eCPM is up to $0.22 (actual earnings at 10 cents) after less than a month and I'm starting to get a decent following, but no one's clicking on my ads!

I claimed my blog on Technorati and use Google SEO tools to determine which phrases are most searched and have the least competition. Every time I post, I put a link to my new post on Twitter, Facebook and several different related forums to generate hits. Not sure what else I could be doing, but I'm going to definitely stick with it...I think ;)

Anyone got any tips or tricks to increase my $$$?
OP Yum Grrrl

Postby SEO Speedwagon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:08 pm

I also want to monetize a blog. I'm just not sure if it's the right thing to pursue given my goals. Basically I want to get my pen name out there on some good published pieces on topics I care about. This is mostly because I need some non-content mill stuff to my name in order to land better freelance gigs, but I'm also interested in making ad revenue if possible (duh).

Is it possible to do both? As in, can you have a topical blog where you write passionately and professionally enough to gain a legitimate following in your niche, and not de-legitimize your work through SEO techniques and ad monetization? Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll try to phrase it better.

And I'm with you, OP. I'm learning SEO as I go. Here's a little collection of links I have going; maybe some of them will help you as well:

Google's

(useful stuff beneath all the plug posts for their paid services)

SEO Speedwagon

Postby Crackity Jones » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:41 pm

SEO, sorry, I just saw this now. You're a gem! Thanks so much for those links. Will have a good study of those over the next few days and will let you know how I get on. :)
Crackity Jones

Postby oyvey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:05 am

oyvey

PreviousNext

Return to How to Start Freelancing