[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Adult/illegal topics content mill

• Advertisement

Adult/illegal topics content mill

Encourage your fellow DSSers to move on ... or don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Re: Adult/illegal topics content mill

Postby The Batman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:00 pm

"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Advertisement

Postby BurnCEs » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:03 pm

BurnCEs

Postby Page1News » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Actually, you easily could sell advertising for a site like that. Head shops and adult products/product stores would be easy targets to sell ads space to. Not a bad idea at all.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby SEO Speedwagon » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:34 pm

To me it seemed like an idea so good that it either had to already exist or be way too difficult to pull off in a profitable manner.

Page, are you saying it could work on a commission advertising model? (Not that I actually know what that means yet, but I'm gonna research.)
SEO Speedwagon

Postby Tink » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:52 pm

I looked on the drug boards, and they don't seem to have any advertising. The urban dictionary is filled with vulgar phrases and how to do them, and they have ebay and other ads up.
Tink

Postby Page1News » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Yeah. Our online music magazine sells ad space to gear companies, record labels and bands. You price ads the same way newspapers do; based on type of online medium, size, placement and duration. I had to twist my husband's arm to sell ad space in the banner. But I charged a premium rate for the placement. It's like a newspaper that places an ad on the top of Page 1.

Lately, my husband has been trading ad space for music gear and guitars. I hate the lack of cash flow with this practice, but the merchandise he has received is worth far, far more than what I would have charged for ad space.

I just took a newspaper business model. It no longer works for newspapers because of their high overhead costs, but the same model works fairly well for a company that has little to no overhead.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Clarice » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:16 pm

Selling ad space sounds like the way to go. And check out the website for High Times magazine. I looked them up wondering who advertises in the print mag but saw that they also have a lot of ads on the site. If you went with the "for tobacco only" disclaimer, you might still be able to get ads from companies that sell bongs, etc. "for tobacco only."

As for adult content, it's a fine line but I think there's a chance of getting revenue from sex toy shops and the like, so long as the content doesn't stray into overly ack! taboo territory. There's a big difference between "How to Give a Blow Job" and "How to Make a Sheep Back That Ass Up."

Agreed with Ms. Money that intelligent and witty content could get a good following...
Clarice

Postby Adam V. Lally » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:32 pm

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.
Adam V. Lally

Postby ms.IV » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:41 am

Some of you guys should totally do this! I even had a job op for something similar this week (not my style of writing, just dunno what to write lol). It was an adult toy store. I bet they'd love a classy on topic site to advertise on :)
ms.IV

Postby OP Yum Grrrl » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:46 pm

I confess, I run a drug info/harm reduction blog. And I use AdSense. All the ads so far have been for rehab centers, but it's definitely doable.

http://marymicrogram.blogspot.com/
OP Yum Grrrl

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Demand