[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - keywording op. Apply now, assesments due the 28th!

• Advertisement

keywording op. Apply now, assesments due the 28th!

Encourage your fellow DSSers to move on ... or don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

keywording op. Apply now, assesments due the 28th!

Postby ms.IV » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:40 pm

I applied for this. Sorry I cant find the original but the correct email is at the bottom of the instructions I'm going to post. Basically the job is to review 1000 entries of keywords and put an x in the box next to keywords/phrases that are not synonmous with the topic. It's easy but time consuming. They want you to send an email with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you will be good for the position. I highlighted me SEO experience (pfft lol) and "knowledge/understanding" of keywording. past with flying colors. But I have to warn you the test is tricky. Takes about half an hour and you really do have to focus and have a decent understand of terms. The test I took was about cable tv and there were obvious bad key words but there were also a ton that said "cable" but referring to fiber optics and the like.

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in the openings for part-time, independently contracted Keyword Proofreaders with Info.com. After reviewing your materials, we believe your background and skill-set could be suitable for this role.
If you are still interested, as a preliminary step, we would like you to please complete a short assessment to evaluate your potential and proficiency. This assessment accurately approximates the work involved in this position and will also give you a fair idea of what to expect should you want and be given a role as a Keyword Proofreader. Work carefully, but work quickly – on live assignments, you may not have the luxury of deeply contemplating each choice on each keyword.
Attached is a Microsoft Excel 2003 file titled “Cable TV – 1042.xls”. This file mirrors the type of assignments Keyword Proofreaders access through Info.com’s custom web interface. In this case, Cable TV is the topic category (also called a “Pinpoint” category) and the 1042 keywords in the file need to be evaluated for accuracy and relevancy toward the topic.
There are three basic ways a keyword can be considered relevant for its topic category:
1. The Keyword is SYNONYMOUS with the topic. For example, if the topic category was “Automotive Repair Facilities”, the keyword “car repair shop” would be correct.

2. The Keyword is an EXAMPLE, BRAND or TYPE of the topic. Again using the example “Automotive Repair Facilities”, “nearby maaco shop” would be correct because Maaco is a branded example of an automotive repair facility. This keyword is correct even though none of the words of the category title appear in the keyword.

3. The Keyword is MORE SPECIFIC than the topic. “Cheap auto repair in Chicago”, “European vehicle body shop”, or “reliable muffler repair” are all acceptable because they all fall underneath the conceptual umbrella of Automotive Repair Facilities. “Rebuilt engines” would not be an acceptable keyword because it is more general than the topic and could apply to boats, aircraft, lawnmowers, do-it-yourself, hobbies, etc. As the topic category becomes more specific and narrower, so will the pool of possibly acceptable keywords.

Keywords will also be unacceptable if they are 1) misspelled; 2) in a language other than English; 3) contain non-standard or grammatically incorrect symbols; 4) are missing letters or cut-off; 5) contain strings of numbers that cannot be parsed, and other formatting problems. However, word order and capitalization do not matter, provided you can still recognize the meaning (“San Antonio barber shop” is just as acceptable as “shop san barber antonio”).
The third column of your assessment file carries warnings about Potential Content Violations in the keywords. Pay close attention to these. They may not always be accurate, but at some point the system found a word or phrase in the keyword matched a word or phrase on a list of banned content. You will see the name of the banned topic in column C.
Move through the file and evaluate each keyword as acceptable or unacceptable for the category, using the criteria listed above. For acceptable keywords, do nothing. For unacceptable keywords, place an “x” in Column D, “Remove.” When you have finished, save the file with your first initial and last name and the word DONE, such as: JSmith_Cable TV – 1042_DONE.xls
Email your completed assessment to workfromhome@info.com as an attachment - do not send download links or use SkyDrive. Please use the word “evaluation” in the subject line, and in the body of your email, note approximately how long it took you to complete. Assessments must be returned by 10:00 am Central Time, Monday, February 28. Successful candidates will be contacted shortly thereafter to advance in the hiring process. Positions are scheduled to commence in March.
ms.IV

Advertisement

Re: keywording op. Apply now, assesments due the 28th!

Postby ms.IV » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:44 pm

oh and be careful with numbers! strings of 5 numbers are area codes! 7 or 10 are phone numbers, everything else should get an x.
ms.IV

Postby Jack McCoy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks for the tip!
Jack McCoy

Postby YepYepYouKnow » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:10 pm

I saw a post about this on one of the work at home board but the ad said something about background and reference checks. Do you know what's up with that? The gig doesn't seem to pay enough to warrant all that.
YepYepYouKnow

Postby ms.IV » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:05 pm

I dont think they actually do them, just reserve the right to ;p
apparently they pay decently and on time which is what matters.
ms.IV

Postby DinaMerrill » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Be careful. There's a scam with a company called Tyson Recruiting and they're advertising for SEO people, asking for a pre-screen and interviews next week. They ask for identification and background check. Apparently, when you provide information, you're charged for credit reports. If this is Tyson Recruiting, just delete the information. Another "recruiting company" is using the same New York address.
DinaMerrill

Postby HaiGuys » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:39 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Dina.

Hey, IV...did you get hired? What's the frequency of payment? I have the assessment, and will work on it this weekend.
HaiGuys

Postby SEO Speedwagon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Either I can't read or just pulled a major tl;dr, but what exactly is the pay?
SEO Speedwagon

Postby HaiGuys » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:19 pm

HaiGuys

Postby SEO Speedwagon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Oh ok. I think I saw a job like this advertised elsewhere, and it says the fast people do about 2K keywords per hour. So you're looking at about $9 per hour. I really thought I read that here, but now I can't even remember. The person in the thread who works for them says you can't really do other work at the same time. Just fyi. When I come down a little I might remember where I read it. :lol:
SEO Speedwagon

Next

Return to Out of Demand