• Advertisement

Demand became pocket change for me!

Encourage your fellow DSSers to move on ... or don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Demand became pocket change for me!

Postby balls-r-us » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:31 am

Hi guize! I'm proud to say that I have turned DMS into my pocket change client from now "until the forseeable future." I owe this to two clients I have now which pay loads better than DMS and have much more flexible guidelines.

Unfortunately, most of you know that the Zs are lurking here, and they'll want handouts that I'm not willing to give.

The method to my madness was sending at least 3-4 cover letters with CVs attached (for those who asked for one) and just wait and see what happens. Within a week, I got an answer from two of them who want to provide me some stable work.

Now, I no longer have to be at the mercy of DMS and it's ever-changing rules. Keep fighting the fight, brothers and sisters! Let's step out of the gulag! :D
I iz a riter. I can haz $15? Tank you!
balls-r-us

Advertisement

Re: Demand became pocket change for me!

Postby Psycho_Insomniac » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:25 am

Awesome! Good for you. Let the zombies find their own damn clients.
Psycho_Insomniac

Postby balls-r-us » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:55 am

Heh, I don't have any issue with these guys competing with me to find clients, but I'm only helping out people I know from DSS if there's anything I find, and I'll be only sharing things through PM. How much do you want to bet that all the zombs look at this forum to look for handouts?

TBH, if you haven't figured out who I am already, I was a long-time zomb for a while, and a really annoying one at that. I've even had a few things against DSS in the past, but about a year ago, I've been noticing that you guys are more realist. The more I read posts here, the more I agreed with them.

Did you know that Metallion told me about this place? I wasn't aware of it. But then again, once I was aware of it, a lot of other people "suddenly" became aware as well. I guess he's been messaging everyone he sees in the z-forums at that time. I'm glad I found the place, in all sincerity.

So, I noticed everyone was crying for handouts, and so was I. I put my fuckin' pants on after a while and fared well on my own, realizing that all those people asking for handouts ain't worth me giving them the light of day. Now I realize how people with more clients feel like.

I know that pouring one's soul out might not be wise, but this is a place where I found people that give great support. While I might not approve of EVERYTHING DSS does, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the majority of it. It's like having a family... You don't have to like everything each person does, but you got to recognize that these people have done more for you than perhaps even they will ever realize. ;)
Last edited by balls-r-us on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I iz a riter. I can haz $15? Tank you!
balls-r-us

Postby Page1News » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Balls: Glad you grew a pair!! :D After awhile, you'll realize that DMS isn't even worth the pocket change.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Psycho_Insomniac » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:08 am

Still have no idea who you are, but who cares! In any event, really glad you saw the light and came over to the dark side. Mwahahahaaa! And congrats again.
Psycho_Insomniac

Return to Out of Demand