• Advertisement

Asking for a workload increase...

Encourage your fellow DSSers to move on ... or don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Asking for a workload increase...

Postby DMS Tech Team » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:32 am

Okay, so most of you know that I have a 12-month-long contract with a very large internet company. The project hasn't really taken off yet, as they are still ramping up the testing phase. I am a part of this ramp-up process and as of now they are paying me piecework instead of a flat fee.

Last week I made about $900 in two days with them, but they pay on a net-30 schedule and I will not see that money until the 15th of next month. With that delay, I am still forced to allow DMS to rape me until I get one big fat payday from this company. After this week, given I can get them to up my workload, I can kiss DMS goodbye.

In an attempt to up my workload, I just emailed the project manager and told her how much I have enjoyed working with them (which is the god's honest truth, they are fucking awesome) and I am open (want) more work.

I hope to hell they say yeah, so I can tell DMS to fuck off, for GOOD!!!! I don't want to wait any longer :twisted: .
Fixin' web servers, four steps at a time!
DMS Tech Team

Advertisement

Re: Asking for a workload increase...

Postby liarmcliarface » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Moar good work is good. Congrats and hang on tight. Don't let go of that horse.
"You gotta keep your worlds apart!" - George Costanza
liarmcliarface

Return to Out of Demand