[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - 10 Biggest tech fails of 2010

• Advertisement

10 Biggest tech fails of 2010

Encourage your fellow DSSers to move on ... or don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

10 Biggest tech fails of 2010

Postby queenoffckall » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 am

queenoffckall

Advertisement

Re: 10 Biggest tech fails of 2010

Postby Psycho_Insomniac » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:00 am

Veeeeeedddy intedestink.
Psycho_Insomniac

Postby Justbrowsing » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Interesting. I'm been giving this some thought lately. I'm suppose to be in this to write fiction and offbeat humor. That was my goal and DMS has taken me off track a bit, hence the mind searching. If you think about it, they are sustaining the company somehow. They may not be turning a profit, but they are expending an awful lot of cash. That has to be coming from somewhere. Money is obviously coming in. Maybe their method is developmentally perfect. They spend a few years turning out absolute crap. The only goal is a future revenue stream. Once that starts, they settle back and slowly make changes to improve the content. I'm thinking FOX and TNT networks. When they first started, they were crap. They took tons of heat. They were the lowest level really. They took the crap for a few years, and slowly revamped once they started making money, to build a reputation. They put in a few pieces at a time that were award quality.

I think DMS is going to change, but I don't think they are going away. I think they will begin to rebuild, piece by piece, once the crap starts bringing in cash. Then they can take their time and work on reputation. They are changing their EHOW model already. Making it more like About.com. I opened up an EHOW article the other day at it was under EHOW Health. There is a forum post about EHOW auto. It's starting already. In 10 years, there is still going to be Demand Media Studios, but it will be a different beast. Just my opinion.
Last edited by Justbrowsing on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

SARCASM: the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it.
Justbrowsing

Postby jekhyl » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Why do people insist on comparing DMS to Fox and other media outlets that started out at pieces of shit and got (marginally) better instead of looking at Rosenblatt's track record? Why the holy fuck would he change is MO now?

Better quality content? Are you fucking kidding me?

You can keep your wishful thinking, I'm planning my exit strategy while it's still possible to get the stink off.
Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.
jekhyl

Postby Justbrowsing » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:07 pm

You could be right. I know absolutely nothing about the DMS infrastructure. I've never heard anyone make that connection before. It is interesting that they do. I'm hoping to move on and branch out but I'll probably stick with them as long as they are around. I have to have my own money stream. I am starting a few new projects based on my original writing ambitions. I guess we will see.
Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

SARCASM: the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it.
Justbrowsing

Postby MsMoneyPenny » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:22 pm

I think it's wise for all of us to devote some serious time in the beginnings of 2011 to finding alternate clients/forms of income. To me DMS is beginning to feel more and more like a bad habit. A crutch that's just getting in the way of goals I had, and then dropped, because DMS is easier.

I don't know if DMS is going to sink or swim but if DMS turns out to be the Titanic, then for christ's sake let's not be the orchestra.
MsMoneyPenny

Postby queenoffckall » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm with you. My first order of business for 2011 is getting more work elsewhere. To quote one of my favorite movies, I have a bad feeling about this.
queenoffckall

Postby Natch » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:26 pm

"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby jekhyl » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:19 pm

Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.
jekhyl

Return to Out of Demand