[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - The get out of DMS by 2012 thread

• Advertisement

The get out of DMS by 2012 thread

Encourage your fellow DSSers to move on ... or don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Re: The get out of DMS by 2012 thread

Postby partygirl » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:28 am

partygirl

Advertisement

Postby ilikegravy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:47 am

Hey partygirl,

Those are great questions. I wish I had some answers. I'm really new to Hubpages as well. I only have 5 hubs, 3 were created out of DS rejected material. I've heard that it takes a good year to see any money from Adsense and that you have to a have a zillion hubs and whatnot. Not sure if that's accurate. I'm hoping it's not.

I don't know much about SEO, unfortunately. I have an Amazon affiliate account, so I recommend books on my hubs, but I haven't made anything so far (it's only been a month, so I'm not expecting anything). I didn't know that people were doing product reviews. That's interesting.

I thought it'd be a good idea to create hubs out of DS titles—the ones that pop up frequently anyway. At least it's a way to attempt to undercut the behemoth's monopoly.
ilikegravy

Postby BurnCEs » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 am

BurnCEs

Postby ilikegravy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:54 am

I just don't get Seed. I wrote a $50 article within two days of signing up. It was accepted and I got paid pretty quickly. That must've been a complete fluke.

I haven't seen a thing I can claim in over two weeks. And, what's with the assignments for specific people? I'm so confused.
ilikegravy

Postby The Batman » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:05 am

The key to Amazon is always having something new to review. You have to constantly keep at it because you need a large volume rather than just a few sales. It works best when you are actually reviewing products and not sounding like you are just selling it.

The great thing about Amazon is that they have mastered the art of getting people to click on the buy button. All you need to do is find a way to get people to click on your affiliate link. It's not unusual that whatever product I reviewed gets no sales, but people do click on the link and buy other stuff on Amazon, all of which I get a cut of. What you are really hoping for is to get lucky and that someone goes on a shopping binge and/or buys some high ticket items. You never know what people will buy. Here's a funny list of what people bought through one guy:
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby partygirl » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:23 am

I have had the same experience with Seed. When they have something i can write, they usually buy it within a few hours of me submitting it. But mostly they never have anything for. And can they not just email that girl with her assignments? What is up with that?

I have sold only one item so far through my Amazon account, and I made something like $1.32 from it. I am making about $2 a month from adsense from my 15 hubs, but I think if I would put up many, many more hubs and do some SEO work that number would go way up. I have only just started writing sales hubs, and have completed two of them. From what I gather from the hubpages forums, what hubbers call "informational hubs" tend not to sell many (or any) Amazon products. Many hubbers are all about the "sales hubs." Look up Nelle Hoxie, WryLilt and SapceyGracey and read some of their sales hubs. I think they (and many others) are doing well with Amamzon. There is this guy named Misha, and I think he makes his $$ mostly from SEO optimized informational hubs that get lots of high-dollar adsense cllicks. I have learned so much from reading the hubs and the forums there. But I have a long way to go and the SEO/keyword stuff makes my head spin.
partygirl

Postby BurnCEs » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:33 am

BurnCEs

Postby The Batman » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:34 am

For those who want to learn the basics of SEO/Keyword stuff, there is a lot of good information in this course: It's not free, but it only requires you to buy a hosting plan.

I have no idea if what they say to do will work on Hubs or revenue share sites, but the course will take you step by step through how to build your own micro niche site, which in the long run is better than the mills. Why pay someone else a cut of your profits if you can keep them all for yourself?
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby ilikegravy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:55 am

Thanks for the links, it's greatly appreciated.
ilikegravy

Postby CuzISaidSo » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:59 pm

CuzISaidSo

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Demand