[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Mahalo

• Advertisement

Mahalo

mahalo.com

Mahalo

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Is that how you spell it?

Tell me more. Page1 said s/he makes as much as s/he does on DMS. Are they upfront, rev share, what's their dealio?
Jabberwocky

Advertisement

Re: Mahalo

Postby LaughAMinute » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:35 pm

Information would be appreciated.
LaughAMinute

Postby Page1News » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 pm

Edited my entire post to include the e-mails I received, which provide more information. There are some payment variables once you're in.

Hey there! I'm a Mahalo "Guru" and a Mahalo "Guide."

Here's some info I received when I applied for the Guide position:

Mahalo.com was founded in 2007 and over the years it has grown to become one of the web's top 200 visited sites. Mahalo has many in-house employees at our main offices in Santa Monica California, including videographers, editors and developers. In addition to our in-house staff, Mahalo contracts remote freelance writers, known as Mahalo Guides. Today we are looking to expand our Guides department and hope you can become part of our team.

Mahalo Guides write Mahalo Topic Pages, which are 300 word encyclopedic style articles on every topic imaginable. The position you are applying for today is an entry level position meaning you will have to go through a brief training program where you'll build a minimum of 13 Topic Pages. During training you will get paid $6-$7 per page you complete, all our payments are made weekly, via paypal.

Once a guide, you will earn $8.50 per Topic Page, and you'll also have access to a wide vareity of different writing projects some worth upwards to $20 per peice. After three months of being a guide, if you prove you are a quality writer you can again get promoted to our senior writing team, who earn more per article, such as $10 per topic page.

**To Continue with the Application Process please complete the following***

1. Reading Comprehension is key while working a remote position from home, in order to be considered for this position you must score 80% or higher on this reading test: http://mhlo.co/ApplicantReadingTest

Please use your full name and email address where they are asked.

2. A writing sample must be created by closely following our general writing guidelines. Please follow the instructions in the following link. http://mhlo.co/WritingSampleGuidelines

Reply to this email with your writing sample and a link to your quiz score.

Good Luck!

Information I received when I became a Guru:

You recently applied to be a "Mahalo Guru" for Mahalo.com - that's great! Just as a reminder, the Mahalo "Guru Team" is a group of top-notch writers dedicated to leaving awesome answers throughout Mahalo's network of niche Q&A sites.

Guru Rates & Requirements
Gurus earn US$1 for every answer they submit. The minimum requirement is 10 answers a week, but we have writers earning hundreds of dollars EACH week just by answering questions!

So ... Come Join the Team!

After reviewing your application, I'd love for you to join the team. Getting started is easy - watch a quick "training slideshow" then get started right away! There's no long-term commitment - you can leave at any time (but I hope you don't!)

Just hit "Reply"!
If you're ready to get started, simply reply and let me know your Mahalo Username. If you do not have one, you can create one quickly & easily (and for free!) by clicking THIS LINK.

I will be collecting username replies over the weekend, and will send an email on Monday with all the links you will need to get started as a Guru right away.
I'm stoked that you were interested in the team, and I can't wait for you to get started!

Best,
Corey Mac
Community Manager & Chief Guru
Mahalo.com
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:11 pm

Jabberwocky

Postby Page1News » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:16 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Jabberwocky

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:26 pm

How does Mahalo stand up against Hubpages? Which is better?
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:28 pm

I'm looking at Mahalo right now. How do I sign up? I'm sort of confused. :)
Jabberwocky

Postby Page1News » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Page1News

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:33 pm

Jabberwocky

Next

Return to Mahalo