[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Mahalo

• Advertisement

Mahalo

mahalo.com

Re: Mahalo

Postby JulianneHarte » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Yes, thanks P1N. I got my test email yesterday and already sent it back.
Check out http://ayearofbaking.blogspot.com, one woman's mission to bake every day for a year!
JulianneHarte

Advertisement

Postby Page1News » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Cool! I'm glad it seems to be panning out for you guys. I sent an e-mail to one of the Mahalo Guru people, telling her that I actively was recruiting from DMS and was hoping to get a finder's fee. :D She wrote back with this: "Not likely, but we're happy to poach all the good writers and editors from Demand." :lol:
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby yourmom » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:22 pm

I worked for ChaCha when it first launched and even signed up for that stupid bank of indiana (or whatever it was called) so I could have a chacha card. The pay was NEVER good enough. I made a couple hundred dollars in a month and realized what an epic waste of time it was.

Im going to look into mahalo, but I haven't heard anything good about it other than from maybe two or three people.
dont panic. I'm not here to hate.

Check out my blog at http://www.beautymadefresh.net

and my horror/fantasy/science-fiction novels @
http://www.chelseahoffman.weebly.com
yourmom

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:33 pm

I did ChaCha too about 2 years ago. It was right before they lowered the pay and you could make 10 cents on math and chemistry answers. They lowered the pay to nothing and then increased the pay for stupid answers on directions or something like that by a penny. I was doing $10 a day while I watched TV at night until they killed the pay. I probably have $50 or something like that in my account too.

When I signed up, there were people making hundreds of dollars a month, but that place went to crap.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:42 pm

OK, another Mahalo question for P1News.

How long does it take for them to review? I know you can't say exactly, but what was your experience?

I did the test (100% w000t!) and did the sample. He wrote me back and said that he is passing the app to the editors to review. I know the email is a canned response, but it's intimidating when it says "if you have perfect grammar, you're in." :lol:

I'm just eager to get started. It's been 2 days, so I know I haven't waited long enough. :mrgreen:
CE_ClueBat

Postby Psycho_Insomniac » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:46 pm

I'd like to know, too. I got a 100% on the test and finished the writing portion on Monday night.

Funny, I got rejected from Writer's Network, but accepted to CopyPress. I think I got rejected from Writer's Network because my sample was a management article. I noticed they said they were expanding, so I submitted that. Betcha anything if I'd submitted a gardening article I'd be in.
Psycho_Insomniac

Postby Page1News » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:11 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby writer789 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Just applied to Mahalo, thanks to Page1News for the info!
writer789

Postby Psycho_Insomniac » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:52 am

Passed my quiz and am awaiting contact from my trainer! Whoo-hoo!
Psycho_Insomniac

Postby CE_ClueBat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 am

Been waiting for my trainer since Sunday..grumble grumble (impatient lol)
CE_ClueBat

PreviousNext

Return to Mahalo