[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Copy Letter Help

• Advertisement

Copy Letter Help

Revenue Share / Passive Income ... or make money while you sleep.

Re: Copy Letter Help

Postby disgruntled » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:52 am

Kind of wondering if this post is a troll, but I'll answer in good faith. We piggies are sweet little suckers that way.

You lost me somewhere between "Protect yourself from..." and "...this growing epidemic!" By the time I finished the next paragraph, I knew beyond a doubt that whatever you're writing about has nothing to do with me. That's the exact opposite of what you want, isn't it?

I didn't see any persuasive copy--just exclamation points, caps and color changes--and if there's a call to action, I lost interest before I got to it. You might try speaking directly to the reader, instead of about him/her, and putting the enthusiasm and energy in your writing, not in your shift key.

Good luck.
disgruntled

Advertisement

Postby HighPlainsGrifter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:06 am

Add product details, such as format, file size, page length; also, if applicable, the number of illustrations and whether it has an index or similar components. Provide a PDF sample page. The lack of an author bio is glaring. The price may have scared off interested buyers.

FWIW, at a cursory glance, the topic seems to fall into the classic book editor “This is a magazine article, not a book” rejection-letter category. (:hint:)
The Grifter's motto: They're worth less than a fin each. Head 'em up and move 'em out.
HighPlainsGrifter

Postby Godwin's Law » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:21 am

Jesus christ, $34.95? Why is that ebook so expensive?!

It's also not true that it's impossible to delete a Facebook account:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16929680703

The scare copy really put me off. The site looks pretty scammy overall.
Godwin's Law

Postby Camacho » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:06 am

In your price, move the decimal point one digit to the left. Hope that helps! :)
"Fuck yeah!"
Camacho

Postby Psycho_Insomniac » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm right with the others. The advertisement screams scammer, scammer, scammer! It looks like you've modeled it off crappy late-night infomercials. And the price, are you crazy? $34.95 for a book in digital format? Unless it comes with live monkeys or something I'm not paying that for ANY digital book.
Psycho_Insomniac

Postby The Batman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Free advice: Stop listening to TW.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:50 am

Yea, seriously. People will pay $3.00 for an eBook. Not $35. You're trying to emulate TW who claims to live like a king in one of the shittiest places on earth. Your eBook is more expensive than a book I can find from a real publisher on the bookshelves at B&N.

I'm with disgruntled in thinking this is a cheap ploy for a backlink and some viewers, but yeah, too expensive.

You need to track how many people are clicking the "Buy" button. You have no call-to-action (at the top) and I think it needs to be shown without requiring the user to scroll. If people click the button (I actually missed the price above the button) and go back, then you're turning them off with the price.

Drop the price and sell it on Amazon. It also reads like a cheap Clickbank affiliate page, and Google killed those sites. I hope you plan to advertise. You'll need it. This site won't do well permanently in the SERPs.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Page1News » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Aww. Constructive criticism sucks sometimes. Reminder to self and others: Don't ask unless you are ready to hear it.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Man, I"m such a bitch with SEO stuff. I probably would have filtered myself better, but I think this is a ploy for a backlink and no one likes to be fooled. Just drop the link and be honest about it.

I just hate SEOs and know they take people's money and totally fuck up their site and spam the fuck out of the index. I just think it's better to say "Hey, this won't do well in Google, so make sure you budget for advertising."

I don't mean to be a bitch about SEO, and I shoulda been nicer, but I'm just used to sleazy spammers and SEO losers who fuck up their clients' sites and come begging for Google's help. I am really against taking people's money when you don't have the slightest clue about Google's guidelines, how PR works and just go on the shit you hear on crappy Mumbai blogs. You'd be surprised at how many Indian SEOs ask about PR or why x site isn't ranking and it's very basic problems related to shit rumors that were squashed years ago.

So, I don't want the OP to fall for the shit advice. This site will not organically rank well on any longterm basis, so it needs content and some basic SEO and marketing strategies.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby D.H. » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Since the poster never responded to any of the criticism, I assume it was a ploy for a backlink.

Account has been given the banhammer and backlink removed.
D.H.

Return to Residual Income