[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Rev share sites are for suckers

• Advertisement

Rev share sites are for suckers

Revenue Share / Passive Income ... or make money while you sleep.

Rev share sites are for suckers

Postby The Batman » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Yup, I said. Suite, hub pages, skywords, AC, Examiner....all for suckers.

A few people do very well at them. Most, don't make squat. In order to succeed at these sites, you need to do all the work. You need to develop backlinks to your articles. You need to get the word out about them. You cannot rely on them to do it. They won't.

There is a reason they say you need a lot of articles before you start seeing any money....most of the articles on their sites don't make squat.

These sites are taking advantage of you more than DMS even dreams about.

Build your own sites. Put in the work on your sites. Target good keywords on your sites, not someone else's. If you do it right, you can get onto the first page in Google on your own site just as well as you can on some shitty rev share site. Don't create backlinks to help Suite101 out. Create backlinks for your own site. Don't review Amazon products for someone else. Do it for yourself. Keep 100% of the income.

Bonus: If you build your own site, you won't be on a domain that many consider spam. You have a chance to be seen as an authority and make a lot more than you possibly could with the mills.

A counterpoint to this forum was needed.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Advertisement

Re: Rev share sites are for suckers

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:07 am

That's what I was screamin in the other thread. Rev. Share sites need to be more under the microscope than DMS. They rip you off big time. That's why I have been shifting my rev share time towards my own site. It's still in its infant stages, testing different formats and such.

I can say I have never seen $15 for one article on a rev share site yet... I am going to really only use them for back links and hope to make a little scratch using cluebat's suggestions.
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby sickofstupidity » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 am

I can't say I disagree that building your own sites is the way to go, but I do well with rev share sites, so I can't completely agree with your entire post. If someone doesn't know how to do keyword research, check competition, etc., how is s/he going to build an entire site, get keywords for the site, get each page ranked well, etc.? Rev share sites provide a free testing ground and a way to make money from those tests. I made my first Amazon Associates sale 8 days after I posted my first hub. I broke the Amazon payment minimum my first month. Almost all of my hubs are ranked in the top 20 for their keywords. I have not built one backlink to any of them -- which is why they're in the top 20 and not the top 5. It takes me 20 or 30 minutes to write a hub and I have hubs that earned me anywhere from $50 to $126.75 within just a month or two. It's definitely worth it if you know what you're doing and need some extra income while you build your own site and wait for it to age.
sickofstupidity

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:41 am

The only difference between Suite (my main place for rev share) and building your own site is that A) Suite articles already rank high and B) Suite has the Google news feed that does really well.

Also, I don't market my suite articles at all. All of Suite's top earners don't market -- Lena, Asa, Mia, Alex, etc. It's a waste of time to create backlinks for Suite, that I agree.

I do well at Suite, but I would like to build up my own site too. The problem is that it takes a long while to build up your site. If I write 100 suite articles this month, I know I will at least increase my monthly income by $50. I can put them on my site, but it might take a while for Google to see my site as an authority.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby givethemyourworst » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:47 pm

givethemyourworst

Postby BurnCEs » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:25 am

Interesting. Controversial.

My personal experience is that I now earn almost as much from Suite as I do from my own collection of websites. Maybe I just happen to be good at whoring out keyword optimized articles on Suite and shit at websites, I don't know. However, I've built up the websites from scratch, launching the first in 2002. A couple of them are PR5, one is PR4 and the rest scattered between PR0 and PR3. They are all niche and informational sans any Web 2.0 bells and whistles, but they all get decent traffic, irrespective of the different Page Ranks.

Time was when the income from these sites comfortably covered my mortgage payments. Since all the financial shenanigans of a couple of years ago, the combined income from these sites (after deducting costs) usually pays for a couple of good nights out each month. It took one fuck of a lot of work to get them to this level and the returns on overall time investment have been disappointing.

I reckon a good strategy is to cover both bases and develop your own web content in addition to rev share stuff, particularly if Google changes its algorithm to shaft Suite and other mill content.
BurnCEs

Postby CrazyHatLady » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:07 pm

I used to own over 50 domains, and none of them make jack squat. However, I made about $30 to $50 per month with HubPages and Squidoo until the big Google update. That was just with AdSense. I also made a little more through Amazon and some other affiliate programs.

Residual income was nice until Google's content farm update. Now... not so much. :roll:
CrazyHatLady

Postby Natch » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:20 pm

The main incentive for me was that Suite already ranked high.

Haven't written anything since the changes, though. Still debating what to do. Might just take them all down and sell them on Constant Content.
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby CrazyHatLady » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:33 pm

CrazyHatLady

Postby givethemyourworst » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:54 am

givethemyourworst

Next

Return to Residual Income