[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Promoting my own site

• Advertisement

Promoting my own site

Revenue Share / Passive Income ... or make money while you sleep.

Promoting my own site

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 am

Ok, I am starting to get more serious about my own site. I have the hosting, I have the domain and I have a WordPress-powered blog right now, with only a few basic entries. I am now going to switch my site from a WordPress-powered blog to a LiveSite-powered fully functioning site ( I hear LiveSite is good and it is free with my hosting).

What are the best avenues for promoting an auto repair/review site? I am drawing complete blanks, except for whoring it on my Facebook account.
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Advertisement

Re: Promoting my own site

Postby scribble » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:27 am

Join some forums with newbies asking auto questions. Answer a few questions here and there. Let the regular posters get familiar with you. After a few weeks, if a person asks a question that your site content addresses, give a brief answer, then say for more information check out this article on my site. Rinse and repeat. Don't always answer with a link so you don't get a reputation as a scammer. Pepper your link here and there and make sure they are relevant to the question asked.

Try creating content based on common questions people ask over and over again.
If your site has good, unique content, one day you'll find that other readers are posting your links to answer questions. At this point, you are golden :)

One more thing...I would probably wait until you have more than a few pages of content up. You want users to visit, browse around and get comfortable with your site. You don't want the initial impressions to be that the site is under construction. Also, take it easy on the ads at first. You don't want visitors to be faced with a wall of ads when your site launches. Add ads and affiliate links once your traffic picks up in a few months.
scribble

Postby The Batman » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:33 am

Scribble's advice is good.

While you wait to get that built up, head to articlebase and ezinearticles. They'll publish just about anything. Write a few decent articles for them related to your topic. Link to your site in the author's information area. It's a good backlink and draws traffic if your article is good.

Bonus: Even though most of their content sucks Rosenblatt's dick, they aren't mentioned as spam as much as the mills. They're likely to be around longer.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby scribble » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:44 am

Agree with Batman - surprise :)

Write a few articles for the free articles sites to get some backlinks. Try luring the reader in, then ending with a link "To read more, visit (add your link).

For example, (i know nothing about auto btw), try something like "3 ways to pick the right tires, 5 ways to make sure your mechanic isn't ripping you off, etc." Write short paragraphs, don't give all your best details away. End with "to learn more read "10 ways to make sure your mechanic isn't ripping you off." Link to your page which describes each step in more detail.
scribble

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:54 am

Sweet, awesome ideas guys (or gals). I will definitely take that advice. I have made the mistake before by releasing a site before it was ready. I lost my ass on it too.

I never though about the forum thing. That's a sweet idea. I will look into building from the free article sites too.Will suite and hubpages allow me to link to my site too?
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby scribble » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:09 am

I'm not sure about Suite and hubpages. I think so, but it's been awhile...The one thing you want to check is that the link is NOT "No Follow". Suite might have no follow links.

No follow means that Google does not pass any link juice - which defeats the purpose of writing an article for links. eHow is No Follow which means that all the sites we reference in our articles get screwed - but, I digress :)

Another hint, before you write an article, search for variations on the title and see what's out there. Make sure that your article offers that extra something...diagrams, pictures, inside tips, expert opinions. Do the exact opposite of what you do for ehow and other mills - seriously.

You want to stand out above the competition. For the little guy, the best way to compete with the big boys is to write the best content you can. By having content that is heads above the rest, eventually others will link to you. Don't get hung up on writing or typos. Kill the intros, write in scannable steps or bulleted lists. Use pictures. Add humor. Have fun and your readers will also.

Also, don't give up at first. It takes awhile to get the Google love. I just read a stat that most websites are abandoned after 10 months. If you can make it that far, creating links slowly and adding new content on a regular basis, you'll notice one day that the Big-G has flipped a switch and your pages are ranking.
scribble

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:10 am

Wow, scribble... Thanks tons man, that is enormously helpful. you really have thought this stuff out and you are extremely kind to share it :D. Hope to repay somehow, some day.

Unfortunately LiveSite publishes automatically, so I couldn't build it all and then publish. I have spent the last several hours populating the major pages so it doesn't look under construction, just new. I limited my Ads to one banner and one block Ad per page (hopefully that's not too much). I didn't put any adsense, because adsense seems to suck for automotive keywords lol.

ETA: Is there a way for me to tell if a link is "no follow" or not?
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby CE_ClueBat » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:19 pm

You can put a backlink to your site in your Suite bio. Also, Associated Content allows backlinks to your site.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby sickofstupidity » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:24 pm

sickofstupidity

Postby OP Yum Grrrl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:02 am

Don't underestimate social media. I'd suggest creating a separate facebook page for your site/product, as well as a Twitter account. (Twitter has been the most helpful in driving people to my blog.) Both sites provide "people you may know" suggestions so you can grow your friend network by simply clicking them. I post links to my blog on both sites immediately after publishing a new article...once on facebook and several times on twitter. WordPress does this immediately.

Sites like Digg, Reddit and StumbleUpon are great for increasing visibility of your blog, which in turn drives people to your website. Of course the SEO keyword stuff is vital for page rank, but you can speed the process up by promoting through social media-type sites in the meantime.
OP Yum Grrrl

Return to Residual Income