[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - RevShare sites for TV recaps?

• Advertisement

RevShare sites for TV recaps?

Revenue Share / Passive Income ... or make money while you sleep.

RevShare sites for TV recaps?

Postby SEO Speedwagon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:52 pm

I'm a TV junkie for a few select series, and I compulsively read episode recaps. I was thinking this may be a good way to get into the revshare game. Also, I am appalled at the quality of most recaps out there, even ones from supposed "real journalism" outlets. I can, and will, do better.

But from what most of you have said, you can only get good revshare if you post something months in advance. Do you think revshare will work for topics that are definitely not evergreen? If not, is my only option to make my own site?
SEO Speedwagon

Advertisement

Re: RevShare sites for TV recaps?

Postby alice » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:03 pm

alice

Postby SEO Speedwagon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:20 pm

I was very interested in that Buddy TV gig until I saw that they require three links to published work in the application. The only online published work I have is with eHow, and while I have a couple of good articles up there, it's not exactly something I want in my resume.

Then again, for $10 a pop, can they really expect much better? Do they think they'll have an influx of NY Times beat writers clamoring for that pay rate? Maybe I should just give it a try.
SEO Speedwagon

Postby Tink » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Tink

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Well, I have spoken to some Suite TV writers, and TV doesn't do that well for straightup rev share for ad clicks. It's great for PVs, so I think it might be good for AC. I have 1 TV episode recap up at Suite. I make money, but not like loads of money.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby SEO Speedwagon » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:52 am

SEO Speedwagon

Postby Tink » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:14 am

Oh, sorry, I'm an idiot. I didn't see that. :oops:

Is DMS THAT bad to show? They're only paying $10 an article. And you have a blog or something too, right? Do eeet.
Tink

Postby Pardon_my_French » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Just do it, SEO. It can't hurt to try. Write up a show recap as a sample if you can, too.

Pardon_my_French

Postby SEO Speedwagon » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:35 pm

I had a blog for almost five years that I lost due to stalkeriffic bullshit and just cannot be arsed to start another one. Bleh. Maybe it's time to get over it. Thanks for the encouragement, guys. As French said, it can't hurt to try, and if they don't like what I write, maybe I can use it somewhere else.
SEO Speedwagon

Return to Residual Income