[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Anyone using commission junction?

• Advertisement

Anyone using commission junction?

Revenue Share / Passive Income ... or make money while you sleep.

Anyone using commission junction?

Postby ms.IV » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:15 pm

I think it was someone here who recommended them to me.

Anyway, they keep sending me emails that say "Delivery notification for subscription ID 76491, filename Delphi_Glass-Delphi_Glass_Product_Catalog.txt.gz" and things like that and I do not understand the text (I'll past in an email below). I'm just wondering if anyone knows what these are for and what I should do with them...

Dear Cheryl Vazquez,

The Product Catalog report has been generated and is ready to be retrieved.

Summary of export subscription information:

Subscription ID: 76491
Transport Method: CJ FTP
Filename: Delphi_Glass-Delphi_Glass_Product_Catalog.txt.gz

Time of Processing: Sat Feb 19 06:06:06 PST 2011

If you need assistance, please login to your Commission Junction account
(http://www.cj.com/login.jsp). Click the Contact Us link at
the top of the page to visit our educational site CJU Online, to search
the help contents, or ask client services a question.

Regards,

Client Services
Commission Junction
ms.IV

Advertisement

Re: Anyone using commission junction?

Postby alice » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:05 pm

I hate CJ. I was inactive there for a few months, and they started taking money out of my account for some "inactivity fee" which they had never told me about. When I found out, I wrote to them and told them to cut it out and to cancel my account and to send me the balance (the little that was still left at that point), but they never did. Bunch of sneaky assholes as far as I'm concerned.

Editing to add: I have no idea what the email they sent you means. That was the other annoying thing (besides the sneaky charges) about them -- a lot of the stuff they sent out was incomprehensible. I also found the site itself too complicated and hard to navigate. It seemed more geared towards big corporate websites than to individual bloggers like myself.

It's too bad that some companies whose ads I wanted to run made them available only through CJ, as I will never be using them again.
alice

Postby ms.IV » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Who do you recommend then? I want some good ads for my art blog of course but I also want to redo my sustainability blog and write a new one on travel so I need some kind of ads...
ms.IV

Postby alice » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Amazon doesn't pay a lot, but they are reliable and super-easy to use. Also, sometimes companies have their own affiliate programs where you can work directly through them -- check the websites of companies that you are interested in.

I also use . I don't make much from them, but you might do better with your art blog. They started off as an ad network for cartoonists, so maybe that would work better with your blog than it does with mine. I like the way it works -- it's totally transparent. And I've had very good experiences with their customer support the few times I needed some help.
alice

Postby Natch » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:46 pm

I've never heard of them, but a search for "Commission Junction scam" doesn't bode well!
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby alice » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:57 pm

CJ, unfortunately, is one of the biggest affiliate networks around. Maybe THE biggest. I don't know how they get away with their slimy practices.
alice

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:50 pm

It was me that recommended them to you. I have been using them for months without problems. As for that email, I am not too certain what it means, but I would assume it is some kind of update from an advertiser. You will get periodic emails from advertisers letting you know if their terms have changed and if they are running a commission bonus program.

ETA: There are as many, if not more, adsense scam websites as commission junction websites. The complaints are nearly identical too. If a company isbig enough, people are bound to call it a scam. However, if your website generates relevant adsense links, than go there because their payout is higher. Auto sites never seem to generate good adsense ads.
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby ms.IV » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:31 pm

well the blog has only been up a month and my adsense was not worth mentioning but I have noticed a bunch of views at cj (only a few clicks) but not even a few cents earnings and my adsense recently saw a spike. Ken gave me a pretty sweet site rec for a place to find good keywords and that might explain the jump in my adsense. I'm still too new to this to understand most of it >_<
ms.IV

Postby alice » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Well, if you really want to use CJ, just a heads up. The cash-out minimum is $50, and unless you have a lot of traffic (or are selling expensive, high-commission items), it can take a long time to get there. Then if you don't sell anything for several months (if I recall correctly, it was 6 months, but good luck finding any info about that on the CJ website -- you have to google to find the details on some random forums), they start taking $10 every month out of your account -- WITHOUT doing you the courtesy of shooting out even an auto-email telling you they are going to do that. Then when your balance drops to zero, they close your account. They will let you reopen it (how nice of them, gag) but will never give you your money back.

I consider that at least a semi-scam. There is probably something buried somewhere deep within the hidden bowels of the site telling you they will do this -- but I looked all over, AFTER the fact, and couldn't find it. Even on my account statement itself, on the site, there was no hint as to why my balance had dropped. They seem to have gone out of their way to hide the ball, while (perhaps) sticking to the letter of the law by burying some warning somewhere where no one will ever see it.

What raises it from semi-scam to total scam IMO is that I asked them twice to shut my account and send me the balance -- and I couldn't even get a response, much less a check. Since by that time, after they had been raiding my account for three or four months, there was only about $6 left, I wasn't going to take the time to try to fight them any more -- but I did vow that I would badmouth them every opportunity I got.

If you don't reach the cash-out point, or even if you come close but then lose it all because you stop running their ads for a while and they take the money back, then you will have used up a lot of valuable real estate on your blog, that could have been put to better use, for nothing.
alice

Postby ms.IV » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:25 pm

hmm I think I will take down their pretty ads then and find some at some of the places mentioned here. I know it'll be slow going to get my views up but I dont want to waste my few loyal followers :D in the meantime.

I think I even have like $200 worth of free google ads I can use for my site but I didnt wanna use those until I have a domain.
ms.IV

Next

Return to Residual Income