[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Welcome

• Advertisement

Welcome

We won't rat you out.

Welcome

Postby demandsucks » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:22 am

I'm sure we'll put up something a little more "legal-ese" in a bit. But, for now, we wanted to let everyone know that your information is safe with us. We're not in the business of giving out names or IP addresses. We're not planning on selling the site and want to keep it a place for writers from all different sites to come, hang out and talk anonymously.

If you concerned about being anonymous, sign up for another email account with gmail, yahoo or msn. Use that to register here. You can also use a proxy IP address. I reccommend these guys. They're cheap and you get your choice of countries.

http://www.purevpn.com/

By all means, lurk if you wish, but it's more fun to join in the conversation.
demandsucks
Site Admin

Advertisement

Re: Welcome

Postby CE_ClueBat » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:19 pm

It's not really you guys I'm afraid of. I mean, plenty of ISPs, forum owners and whatever have been subpoenaed for a lawsuit. That's what I'm afraid of. Plenty of people can say "we're doing nothing wrong," but you never know. I'm not afraid of the KenTards of the world. He threatened to hack me and sue me with ds-forumdrama. Then, when I dared him, he resorted to threatening to drive down and beat me up. LOL!!!!!!

I'm more afraid of disposable income from DS throwing a lawsuit. It's not really a matter of if they will win. It's a matter of going through the bullshit. lol

I proxy, but I have considered getting lazy and just going bareback.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby givethemyourworst » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:29 pm

I don't proxy and I have no fear. Imagine the bad press that would come as a result of Demand filing a lawsuit because a few pipsqueaks were calling them names on some dumb forum.

givethemyourworst

Postby partygirl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:57 pm

I don't have a proxy either, partly because I'm not too worried about them caring enough to track me down, and partly because DMS isn't my be-all/end-all, so if they do track me down and fire me, oh well. It's also partly because I had never even heard of a proxy IP address until after I joined here. I'm not tech savvy at all, LOL. :oops:
partygirl

Postby ClusterFQueen » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:54 am

Sue me. Whatever. :roll:
ClusterFQueen

Postby Tink » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:14 pm

I'm sorry, but it's not right that some people are openly revealing other people's identities in threads, either saying the full names, or using a shortened form, or the first initial. These are the same people who tell others not to "out" anyone, but are actually coming out and giving the information out in the open on who someone is. How is this right? No one is supposed to out anyone, we all know that's a rule. Then, why do some people get to do it? Personally, I don't care for myself, because I have never gone to great lengths to conceal my identity. But, it's not right that it's being done to other people. Total hypocrisy. Everyone should have to abide by the same rules.

Watch -- I'll get banned for pointing out the hypocrisy, yet others that have outed people very recently will stay. Even though the mods just said that if anyone even so much as threatens to out someone they'll be banned.

wtf guys?
Tink

Postby Crackity Jones » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Crackity Jones

Postby Pardon_my_French » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:21 pm

Pardon_my_French

Return to Privacy