[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - E-book info

• Advertisement

E-book info

Everything else about freelancing

Re: E-book info

Postby DMSZombieNoMore » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 am

I went thru CreateSpace (paperbacks) and Smashwords (ebooks) for my short fiction books. Not getting rich by any means, but not having to share with an agent or anyone else. And I retained total control.

Traditional publishing, while nice and ego boosting, means nothing if you know how to market yourself. Even if you did find an agent and publisher, you're still going to be doing most of the work yourself anyway.
DMSZombieNoMore

Advertisement

Postby ms.IV » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:33 pm

ms.IV

Postby DMSZombieNoMore » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Mine are horror short fiction. Ten to twenty copies (both print and ebook combined) a month. And to be honest, I'm probably the worst marketer possible. Most have been sold by word of mouth from buyers and those that received free copies in the beginning (over two years ago).
DMSZombieNoMore

Postby ms.IV » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:36 pm

ms.IV

Postby DMSZombieNoMore » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Nah, no 99 centers for me. By the time Amazon and Smashwords took their share - wouldn't be much left. I'm content. Currently they are 4 (ebook) and 8 (print) bucks a pop. The work is out there. I actually have a few fans. Will be doing another one in the fall. Like I said, not getting rich, but I'm happy.
DMSZombieNoMore

Postby ms.IV » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:54 pm

ms.IV

Postby CrazyHatLady » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:31 pm

I have a few books on Kindle. They are non-fiction and make around $2 a month each. They were CRAZY easy to write, though. (1-2 days each, seriously!)

I'm not getting rich, but it's inspired me to get into fiction. I already have around 10k words on my first paranormal romance. :)

It's going to end on a cliffhanger, too. Hopefully that will make people eager for book 2. :mrgreen:
CrazyHatLady

Postby oyvey » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:01 am

My first ebook was a combination of old, related articles that I reworked and updated -- not hard and it sells. I am only with Amazon at the moment, but have Smashwords and CreateSpace on my to do list.

Think: people spend $140+ for a Kindle. Its a waste unless they buy ebooks instead of hard copies, no?
oyvey

Previous

Return to Freelance Writing Misc.