[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Need opinions!

• Advertisement

Need opinions!

Everything else about freelancing

Need opinions!

Postby gob bluth » Fri May 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Hey guys,

Ok this isn't demand related. I got a lead on a news writing job for a company. So I emailed the owner and said I was interested. It's a very specific job for a well known company. I meet all of the credentials and I've actually met the guy before. So after I emailed him, he wanted my resume and writing samples ect. I emailed that to him. He emailed me back, says he has my info and will keep me posted as the news area of the company progresses. So...wtf does that mean? I read too much into stuff. I need another opinion. Is this good or bad or just eh? This all took place over the course of three hours. He was very quick to get back to me. And he friended me on fb...so...what does THAT mean?
gob bluth

Advertisement

Re: Need opinions!

Postby ChknLittle » Fri May 13, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi,
I'm a noobie, but a long time lurker. This looks like as a good a place as any to make my first post.

I wouldn't read much into it. I've done hiring before, and I would say things like that to people when I hadn't received a ton of applications yet and didn't want to commit to, or brush off, a potential hire. Odds are he thinks you are a good applicant, but there's always the thought in the back of his head that maybe tomorrow he'll get an app from someone even better, so he's not quite ready to come out and say you're hired. If he wasn't at all interested in hiring you he definitely would not have friended you on Facebook. I'd say you have a good shot, as long as some fancy-pants, award-winning journalist doesn't swoop in.
ChknLittle

Postby Pardon_my_French » Fri May 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Okay, I am nice frog, but between the spammers, the zombies and the trolls, I am busy frog, so please post non-related threads in the appropriate forums. Merci.

Pardon_my_French

Postby Tink » Sat May 14, 2011 8:38 am

I agree with chicken little's assessment.
Tink

Return to Freelance Writing Misc.