[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Yes, it does

• Advertisement

Yes, it does

A place to bitch about oDesk zombies.

Yes, it does

Postby undercover » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:29 am

I had decent work on odesk a couple of years ago, but checked them out again just a few months ago and it was pretty sad. Was told a bid seemed "unreasonable" by a potential client. Heh. Compared to a penny per word, well, yeah...

The only think I liked better about odesk is that it is free to submit bids, but maybe that invites lesser quality workers. I used elance before I used odesk; elance limits how many bids you can submit for free.
undercover

Advertisement

Re: Yes, it does

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm in the writing and programming section of elance. All of the bidding sites have lowballers, and tbh, the cheap code is the same as cheap writing. People come back to have it "fixed" and expect you to bid cheap since they already paid for cheap shit work in the beginning. Yeah, right buddy. :lol: :lol:
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby undercover » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:08 pm

I'm certain it is easier to just write good code from scratch rather than fix bad code -- kind of like in writing. People should charge more for "fixes," haha.
undercover

Postby truthagainst » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:10 pm

"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Return to oDesk Sucks