[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - I need the COOL Tech Beta CEs to be on their game today.

• Advertisement

I need the COOL Tech Beta CEs to be on their game today.

Got a stupid copy editor story? Share it here!

Re: I need the COOL Tech Beta CEs to be on their game today.

Postby Gary Busey for CE » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:22 am

Lazarus still works for me but last time I needed it the form recovery didn't work. I had to click on each section of the template and recover them one at a time. A bit more of a hassle but still loads better than the alternative.
-------
I was in "Lethal Weapon," dammit.
Gary Busey for CE

Advertisement

Postby EnigmaticJack » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:55 am

I'll tell you what doesn't work, tho. The fucking CE's who've grabbed every gawddammed thing I've written tonight. Fuckin' douchecanoes grab shit a couple of hours before cutoff, ride the clock til 11:59 to F5 it and fill their queues and then take their happy asses to bed.
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby WalkAway » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:30 am

WalkAway

Postby EnigmaticJack » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:33 am

'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:21 pm

I got pretty lucky this week, but I've had that happen to me too. I mean, if you don't know the subject, then just fucking line edit or WTF did you take the title to begin with? I understand you NEED money, then just fucking line edit or don't take the damn title. I also hate it when a title gets hoarded, because I know there is a good chance I'm getting a rewrite.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby WalkAway » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:17 pm

Anyone had the CE that likes to lecture you on having "serious problems" with your grammar? Funny how I have a grammar score above 4 and haven't had issues with any other CEs bitching me out. Even funnier is that they included a link for me to "review" on basic 6th grade grammar. :lol: If my grammar really was that bad, I'd have no qualms about working hard to improve it.
WalkAway

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:56 pm

Not in Tech Beta, but I've been absolutely ripped a new asshole. It doesn't happen often, but now if it happened, I'd add some snark and do something shitty to my article. lol I would just let the rewrite expire before.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby WalkAway » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Lol, yeah, this is the first time in my over 1000 DMS articles that I've been ripped a new one. What made me laugh was that they lectured me, yet approved the article. If they had sent it back as a rewrite, I would have told them to fuck off.
WalkAway

Postby liarmcliarface » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:28 am

"You gotta keep your worlds apart!" - George Costanza
liarmcliarface

Postby Devil_youknow » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:23 pm

I usually try to avoid swearing in the forum but FUCK THE TECH CEs. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck the CEs.

My grammar score is so low this month, 3.2. As opposed to a couple of months ago when it was 4.1. My writing style certainly hasn't changed and I always check for spelling/grammar issues. I just got scolded by a CE for "numerous typos" when there wasn't any. They just changed the sentence structure so that it made the article virtually unreadable.

I have one article held up in plag flag. It's my first ever. I'm actually hoping it gets me fired.

FUCK THE GODDAMN CEs.

(Whew, that felt awesome. I don't usually smoke but I think I need a cig right about now.)
Devil_youknow

PreviousNext

Return to Copy Editors