[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - "See Graf" greatest hits

• Advertisement

"See Graf" greatest hits

Got a stupid copy editor story? Share it here!

"See Graf" greatest hits

Postby editcopyeditors » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:36 pm

"this article perfectly illustrates why every writer should surf the title before writing it."

"Do not continually repeat the same keyword in the copy of an article or in the Key Concepts section solely in an effort to improve the article's search value. For instance, including the keyword "buttered popcorn" once will suffice; repeating it for the sake of repeating it will not improve the search value of the article."
editcopyeditors

Advertisement

Re: "See Graf" greatest hits

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:53 pm

See graf is an idiot. I would love to post its notes. Perhaps I will one day. It's the only idiot at TB who still wants us to tell the reader how to open a file.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby EnigmaticJack » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:57 pm

I've never gotten see graf. If I did then I'd probably send in the rewrite with a note that says 'what the fuck is a graf?'

Maybe he's a zoo enthusiast and wants you to see a giraffe.

That'd be nice, actually. See giraffe? Don't mind if I do.
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby truthagainst » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:21 pm

What's a graf? What's a fuckin' graf?! I'll show you a graf right the fuck now!

HERE, MOFOS: https://www.google.com/search?q=graf+or ... 00&bih=756

They write songs about cheesy '80s and '90s movies, like Aliens and shit. With funny clips. Very hipster. Look at those massive black ear plugs. LOOK AT THEM!!!

Or it could also be, as Google kindly suggested, that the term "graf" is an editorial shorthand term for "paragraph." By the way, that sounds totally douchey.
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby EnigmaticJack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:16 am

I'd still rather see a giraffe. :(

EnigmaticJack

Postby editcopyeditors » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 pm

I decided to man up and defend myself against skin graft:

I disagree with you. I don't believe re-writing the article to your specification is in mine or Demand's best interest.

Additionally, I don't appreciate the patronizing, belittling tone you used to address my interpretation of the article. Disagreements are inevitable in editorial situations like this, but you don't need to be rude or talk down to me. I intend to leave feedback RE: your tone after you approve or reject this article.

Thank you.
editcopyeditors

Postby EnigmaticJack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:59 pm

EnigmaticJack

Postby editcopyeditors » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:13 pm

I guess we figured out who "See Graf" is!
editcopyeditors

Postby EnigmaticJack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:34 pm

EnigmaticJack

Postby Camacho » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:39 pm

"Fuck yeah!"
Camacho

Return to Copy Editors