[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - CEs, not as smart as you think you are...

• Advertisement

CEs, not as smart as you think you are...

Got a stupid copy editor story? Share it here!

Re: CEs, not as smart as you think you are...

Postby EnigmaticJack » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:23 pm

'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Advertisement

Postby Groundskeeper Willie » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Have you ever noticed that most of the guys' names in tech start with J? James, another James, a third James, Jeremy, Jason, Jeff... And who's in charge of the forum? Jordan.

ZOMG, another conspiracy.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, this guy gets it." ~thebesig, RIP
Groundskeeper Willie

Postby The Batman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 pm

"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:57 am

J names are the devil.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Devil_youknow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:59 am

Hey! I resent that!
Devil_youknow

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:18 am

lol
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby WalkAway » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:19 pm

Back to what 420 said, I've definitely seen it a lot lately. The CE sends a ridiculous rewrite request, you actually do it, and then they either sit on it forever and hit approve or they let it expire out of their queue. I had a pretty moronic rewrite request that I did fast--basically, I politely told the CE that their assumptions were flat out wrong because they were--and they finally approved it yesterday after it sat for like 3 days. And they admitted they were wrong. I had planned on leaving CE feedback for them lacking expertise, but I might not now because they actually got what I was saying, admitted their mistake and apologized for the retarded rewrite. I guess I'm just too nice.
WalkAway

Postby Page1News » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:15 pm

There only are four CEs left, and they keep bouncing all the articles around to each other. It's DMS's version of playing Hot Potato.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Devil_youknow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Things have changed in tech for me. Lately all of my articles have gone through and I've been getting 5's. Happened all of a sudden too. With the occasional "good job" thrown in.

Which leads me to believe that a) I'm incredibly lucky and am getting the same CE b) the CE's are realizing they're doing a lot of work for $4 and are just letting things go through or c) The douche CE's have left.

Judging by Clue's rewrite posts though, I don't think C is an option.
Devil_youknow

Postby Page1News » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:41 pm

One potato, two potato, three potato, four; Five potato, six potato, seven potato, more. O-U-T spells "out you go." :P
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

PreviousNext

Return to Copy Editors