[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Zack & Nest CEs

• Advertisement

Zack & Nest CEs

Got a stupid copy editor story? Share it here!

Zack & Nest CEs

Postby shushame » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:05 am

I had a terrible time with Nest CEs on a power trip. Switched to writing for Zacks and was going FABULOUS. No rewrites... now all of a sudden this week its like writing for Nest again! I'm abandoning ridiculous, no topic knowledge, 600 word rewrites. I haven't changed my writing style in the last week. Maybe a Nest CE moved to Zacks. Sigh.

Anyone else having problems with Biz & Finance CEs?
shushame

Advertisement

Re: Zack & Nest CEs

Postby squirrely_wrath » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:32 am

No, not really. I stick to human resources topics, though. I've had problems with Nest in the past. It's full of holier-than-though mothers who think they know everything about how to budget for a husband's mid-life crisis or some other related shit. The rewrites I do get are reasonable, but way too long to bother with. Luckily, dupe check is plentiful at the moment.
"Pinatas. I personally love the concept of beating the shit out something and getting candy in return. It's pure genius."
squirrely_wrath

Postby YepYepYouKnow » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:25 pm

I could have wrote that post! Nest CEs are the shittiest. I got a rejection (which was upheld) because the CE didn't know what the fuck he/she was talking about and got offended that I told them they were wrong. I'm actually pretty sure that same CE was fucking with me continuously after that. I have no idea what their fucking problem is, but I stopped picking up those articles. I've been lucky with Zacks so far and AZ Central hasn't been noticeably bad. But FUCK Nest CEs.
YepYepYouKnow

Postby shushame » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:12 pm

I was doing fine with Zacks too. This last week has just been killer. I'm wondering if its time to change my pseudonym and bio. Maybe I pissed someone off. :(
shushame

Postby Devil_youknow » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:59 pm

I haven't written for The Nest in a long time, but I remember it was hit or miss. Some went through with no problem but others had some crazy rewrites. Nothing in between.

Funny thing is, I abandoned the stupid rewrites, put them on Constant Content and they sold quickly. Ha!
Devil_youknow

Postby squirrely_wrath » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 pm

"Pinatas. I personally love the concept of beating the shit out something and getting candy in return. It's pure genius."
squirrely_wrath

Postby shushame » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:35 pm

I got a nice rejection today. LOL. I actually did the small rewrite. Sent it back. Got a rejection with a note that the CE had checked with Eve before rejecting and she was told to reject based on a lower word count and "thin content"... so why didn't you send it back for a rewrite with the reason of "thin content."

SMH. It was actually one of my more decent articles. Oh well... Constant Content will like it. :)

All I could hear in my head was "No $25 for you!" ala Seinfeld soup guy....
shushame

Postby squirrely_wrath » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:51 pm

squirrely_wrath

Postby hellenkeller » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Off topic- anyone that has business permissions..did you automatically get Chron Careers?
hellenkeller

Postby squirrely_wrath » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:24 pm

squirrely_wrath

Next

Return to Copy Editors