[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Biz & Finance CEs

• Advertisement

Biz & Finance CEs

Got a stupid copy editor story? Share it here!

Biz & Finance CEs

Postby shushame » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:40 pm

According to the forums there are five new biz and finance CEs.

They just violated my Easter Sunday with inane questions, pretentions statements and requirements for parenthetical citations and page numbers... for one page news articles. We shall kindly refer to him/her as Best Regards.

My husband made it through two sentences of the three paragraph editors notes before giving up and saying screw that fucker.

Ugh. Constant Content here I come. It took four days to pick these articles up and I was rewrite free for March. Effers.

/endrant
shushame

Advertisement

Re: Biz & Finance CEs

Postby squirrely_wrath » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:01 pm

Christ, glad I got fired when I did. Goddamn cocksuckers are all the same. The upstarts come up swinging, all eager to suck the Demand cock and prove their worth. Give it a month or two and they'll either:

a) Lighten up and realize this isn't a "job"
b) Quit altogether
c) Go on a power trip and become the next See Comments or See Notes
"Pinatas. I personally love the concept of beating the shit out something and getting candy in return. It's pure genius."
squirrely_wrath

Postby shushame » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Three years...

1500+ articles....

I have NEVER EVER EVER had a CE tell me to give parenthetical citations. EVER. If you can't browse a one page Yahoo! article and say, yep, this bitch knows what she's talking about... you deserve $5 an article.

Just sayin.

I could see it if I was quoting actual books of hundreds of pages. MSN Money article too difficult?

I write this shit off the top of my head. I just add references to get them to shut the fuck up. If I have to research something, I dump that shit with a quickness.
shushame

Postby Potts » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Potts

Return to Copy Editors