[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - I don't fear rewrites. I hate them.

• Advertisement

I don't fear rewrites. I hate them.

Got a stupid copy editor story? Share it here!

Re: I don't fear rewrites. I hate them.

Postby FuckingHostile » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:16 pm

I got a ridiculous and involved rewrite on Tuesday. I did the rewrite immediately, as is my custom. It's still sitting there "With Editor" which makes me think the CE is either letting it expire or has asked editorial a question about it, which means he wants to reject it.

Nads = burned. I'm not going to give you a reference for every fucking sentence of my article. I'm not going to cite a source about how sheriffs levy property when they execute a judgment lien. I was a bankruptcy attorney and I did collections for a few years, which I told him and which is in my bio, so I know what the hell a judgment lien is and he can stuff his shithole with references for all I care.

/megalomania
"Many a fool has sought to oppose my diabolical will, only to find out later that they probably shouldn't have tried to do that." --Cthulhu
FuckingHostile

Advertisement

Postby Pardon_my_French » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:59 am

I knew it when I sent it in, and I didn't care because it was rather good and fun. I got back the rewrite this morning and the usual boilerplates (I haven't actually seen these in a long while, myself) were sitting in boxes next to each section. Apparently, for a title asking for info on the attractions in one of the more famous cities of the world, I can't mention any common attractions, which they are all common because the city is commonly known. And when the title is searched for, those are what come up. And I was told not to use an "empty" word like fun when describing a toy store.

Fuck off, new CE. I like my voice and I ain't changin' it to dumb down to your level. I don't need no stinkin' $15.

ETA: AND It gave me a 3 in grammar. Hahahahahaha! Ha! I love it. Bless It's little heart.

Pardon_my_French

Postby liarmcliarface » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:38 pm

"You gotta keep your worlds apart!" - George Costanza
liarmcliarface

Postby DinaMerrill » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:29 pm

what an asshat of a CE--

and Liar, I grew up next door to the Farrellys!

That was a great introduction of you!
DinaMerrill

Postby rpill@rocketmail.com » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:47 pm

"You take the blue pill, you wake up in your bed and the story ends. You believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill…and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." -Morpheus
rpill@rocketmail.com

Postby adjectivezord » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:04 pm

The low CE queue has equalled at least one unnecessary rewrite per day, with shit that I rewrote on Monday still not being looked at on Thursday. It's like, what the shit, you had ALL THIS TIME when you were first editing my article to tell me how wrong it was and ask a bunch of completely asinine questions, but now that its on my time you're suddenly too busy to give a shit?

Today I actually got a rewrite back that made me so pissed I slammed a couple of doors to work off the steam. I wrote an article on gag gifts so I mentioned "Sleeved blankets" which are you know, Snuggies, but you can't say the name brand cause some jackass CE will violate you.

Anyway I get a rewrite back asking me to explain how Snuggies are gag gifts. My response is "How are they not?"

STOP WASTING MY TIME!
adjectivezord

Postby Pardon_my_French » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Pardon_my_French

Postby yes_that_anne » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:54 pm

yes_that_anne

Postby jekhyl » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:07 am

You know who doesn't consider a snuggie a gag gift? A Hoarder, that's who.

I can't find the clip, but one of the subjects on Hoarders basically slept strapped to portable toilet, in the middle of her adult diaper strewn kitchen. She fell over one night and couldn't get up because the open sores on her legs had festered so badly that she couldn't get back up.

When the paramedics arrived, and dug her out, she was wearing nothing but a snuggie.
Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.
jekhyl

Postby partygirl » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:06 pm

To quote others around here, I just threw up in my mouth a little.
partygirl

PreviousNext

Return to Copy Editors