[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - I don't fear rewrites. I hate them.

• Advertisement

I don't fear rewrites. I hate them.

Got a stupid copy editor story? Share it here!

Re: I don't fear rewrites. I hate them.

Postby CrazyHatLady » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:17 pm

CrazyHatLady

Advertisement

Postby dwnthalane » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:16 am

i got a rewrite request because the ce didn't like the website for the reference i used. i'll say it again. he didn't like the website. he didn't question the info. just the site. and no, it wasn't a forum. it wasn't from a ds blacklisted site. demand studios is hiring people who are becoming more and more strange.
dwnthalane

Postby rpill@rocketmail.com » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:21 am

Allow me to rephrase your expressed sentiment, if I may: the truth is that DS does not really know who they hell they are hiring, period.
"You take the blue pill, you wake up in your bed and the story ends. You believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill…and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." -Morpheus
rpill@rocketmail.com

Postby Potts » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Potts

Postby nywriter » Sun May 01, 2011 3:07 am

Anne:

You have every right to be angry when you receive a rewrite from an incompetent editor.

Here's what I do. Vent to a friend, preferably another Demand writer who understands your plight. Then, do NOT appeal to the HelpDesk because they are dumb and incompetent and will defend the editor at all costs. Besides, an appeal can be time-consuming and waiting for the dummies to respond, and they sometimes don't, is frustrating.

Then, take a deep breath and WAIT. Wait for five days.

At midnight Pacific time five days after the rewrite you will receive an e-mail telling you to reclaim your abandoned article. Then, you should go to Find Assignments and reclaim your article.

If the editor made a valid point, make the change in the reclaimed article and resubmit the article. You can make a few minor changes to avoid a plagiarism flag if you choose, although the article will be cleared even if you do get a plagiarism flag.

Works every time. Do NOT waste your time with a genuine "rewrite." The editor already dislikes your work. Try a new editor.

By the way, I don't think you mentioned the MOST ridiculous reason for a rewrite. I have received five or six "great article, but I Googled the title and I think readers want to read about XXX, not YYY (and the brainless editor sends me a link to an article with ZERO credibility with advice that will literally kill you).

Remember at all times that all of Demand's copy editors are offering you ZERO proof that they are competent. They were hired without reference checks, are anonymous, and make $3 per story. When you get an editor you respect, listen to him or her. In the meantime, it's the Wild West.
nywriter

Postby alias » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:37 pm

I just got a rewrite request that said basically "I know this is not a How To article but please rewrite every section with step by step instructions of how to do these projects."
alias

Postby Psycho_Insomniac » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:48 am

Weird. I once did a topic view too much like a how-to and the CE made me change it.
Psycho_Insomniac

Previous

Return to Copy Editors