[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - CEs, Time to Treat Them Like Dirt

• Advertisement

CEs, Time to Treat Them Like Dirt

Got a stupid copy editor story? Share it here!

Re: CEs, Time to Treat Them Like Dirt

Postby Justbrowsing » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:50 am

I really like the idea that abandoned articles are reviewed before the CE gets paid. That would help with problem of crazy, unobtainable rewrite requests. There is no risk to the CE for sending them, he gets paid either way. I have to abandoned because either it is not cost effective for me or it just can't be done.
Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

SARCASM: the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it.
Justbrowsing

Advertisement

Postby jekhyl » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:45 am

I miss the days when writers could release unreasonable rewrites back into the title queue and either reclaim and resubmit them, or submit it else where and pick up something else.

The original CE wouldn't get paid for it, unless he picked it up again, and started fresh.

I think that was the only way a CE would actually feel the burn of returning a nit-picky I-Edit-For-The-NY-Times rewrite.
Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.
jekhyl

Postby dms hack » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:19 pm

I completely agree that CEs should have more repercussions for abusing their insane amounts of power. First, I am tired of CEs acting like they are writing Gods and the writers are all hacks. My writing scores have plummeted this month, and it's like come on, do these idiots really think that we're going to invest our best selves for $15? The queue has been moving unacceptably slow, and with a few exceptions, the available titles grow more bizarre by the day. Many of my stories have thankfully been cleared through with few edits, maybe the CEs were moved by the holiday spirit. But others have either re-written my entire article or sent back inane rewrite requests. One story was so stupidly rejected!!! Granted, I did make a snarky comment back to the CEs stupid rewrite request, but I made the changes. These people are so humorless. I'll take my rejection because I refuse to bend over for these imbeciles. One CE, who must have been new, even added pictures to each one of my steps in a How To. That's a lot of effort for $3.50. At least he didn't send it back. I am so tired of CEs preaching, quoting DS guidelines and generally lording their power over me. I'm pretty crapped out. I'm taking a vacation.
dms hack

Postby clickofthewrist » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:02 am

DMS probably grants CEs this higher status in order to keep them happy, cuz their pay alone surely won't do it.

Of course, they'll deny it through and through to the writers, selling this bullshit that we're all a team. If we were a team, the CEs would pass the fucking articles through the system and stop sending bullshit rewrites such as, "You didn't label your reference correctly. Instead of fixing it, I'll send you a two page letter telling you that you need to fix it."

I have to question some of the intelligence in Zombieland. I know we have some smart CEs here as well as smart writers. We're the ones who aren't doing more than $3.50 or $15 worth of work. It blows my mind when a CE is willing to make 35 cents an hour to feel like a god. It also blows my mind when a writer will spend three hours of research and writing on an article DMS could give a shit about.
braaaaaaaains
clickofthewrist

Postby caffeinedreams » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:27 pm

If a rejection gets overturned, the CE really, really needs to not get paid for that work. It's incredibly frustrating if the reason for the rejection was the CE's misreading or not reading a reference to understand your statement has a reputable source so they feel the article is under-cited.
caffeinedreams

Postby rpill@rocketmail.com » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:33 pm

"You take the blue pill, you wake up in your bed and the story ends. You believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill…and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." -Morpheus
rpill@rocketmail.com

Postby i_smell » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Attn Co-Authors:

That is all.
i_smell

Postby Pardon_my_French » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:30 pm

I have just submitted my very first rejection appeal on the 3rd rejection I've ever had. It was written to the title with absolutely nothing wrong with it, except that the CE disagreed with my choices of things I wrote about. There were literally hundreds of things to write about, so I narrowed them down to what I found interesting and the CE had another opinion.

Fuck you, CE. If it's well-written to the title, take your fucking $3.50 and piss the fuck off. :twisted:

Pardon_my_French

Postby queenoffckall » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:34 pm

queenoffckall

Postby CrazyHatLady » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:44 am

CrazyHatLady

PreviousNext

Return to Copy Editors