[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Do the DS Mods get compensation?

• Advertisement

Do the DS Mods get compensation?

Talk about Demand Studios and Demand Media. How about that health insurance?!!

Do the DS Mods get compensation?

Postby Ten Fingers Typing » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:40 am

Someone brought this up on the blog.

Does anyone know if they get compensated for their hard work?
------

karla
Ten Fingers Typing

Advertisement

Re: Do the DS Mods get compensation?

Postby KWY » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:09 am

Karla, as far as anyone knows, they don't get compensated. They're just on a perpetual high from the sheer prestige of it.

Personally, I can't believe they're not slipping Mommy something, although her slavish 24/7 devotion to patrolling the boards can probably be had for an extra 50 cents a week.

If they are getting paid, they must be sworn to secrecy on pain of death.
KWY

Postby Donna » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Donna

Postby Donna » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Maybe, though, there are other perks. Guaranteed ticket to the DS contractor's conference (or whatever it was), ability to take on more roles (such as titling), getting inside information into what is coming down the pike, kid gloves handling when it comes to reject appeals, or easy acceptance into the higher paying publisher projects.

Who knows. I cannot believe these people would do what they do only for the feeling of control it gives them. But, one never can tell.
Donna

Postby KWY » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Donna, those are all very good possibilities. You'd like to think there's SOMETHING in it for them beyond sheer ego.

But I have noticed lately that Dirk, ElizabethS, and JoshWriter seem to be much less of a presence lately. Have you? They were in the first batch elevated, and for a long time they were all over the place. The only one of that group who still seems to keep her finger in every pie is Mommy. Give her one free trip and she's yours forever.

And they've brought in a few new ones, I would assume, to make up for the shortage of jack boots on the ground.

So whatever the perks are, they must not be a lasting incentive.
KWY

Postby jekhyl » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.
jekhyl

Postby Rand » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:21 pm

When I first started, it seems like the mods were basically there for Q&A, specifically for newbies. Now, though, it seems like the mods are interjecting their opinions left and right about "proper" forum behavior. Well, ok, just one is. But unfortunately, she's the most prominent mod. It's incredible how much she butts in.
Rand

Postby LincolnParkAfterDark » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:22 pm

I swear I read on the DS forums that mods received some kind of monetary compensation. I think it was in one of those "Congrats XXX on being a new mod" threads. I could be wrong...but I swear I remember something of the sort.
LincolnParkAfterDark

Postby jekhyl » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:43 pm

I don't know. I know that, in titling, I was once asked to monitor the titling group over a holiday weekend. This was when I was still willing to kiss ass (in the hopes of having better money opportunities) and before I got on their shit list.

At any rate, no compensation was offered. However, there is one person who seems to make a lot of Mod-ish posts, maybe she IS getting compensation.

Who knows.
Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.
jekhyl

Postby Donna » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Donna

Next

Return to Demand Studios