[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Fired from DS? Post here instead of starting another thread.

• Advertisement

Fired from DS? Post here instead of starting another thread.

Talk about Demand Studios and Demand Media. How about that health insurance?!!

Fired from DS? Post here instead of starting another thread.

Postby Devil_youknow » Sat May 21, 2011 9:19 am

Okay, I'm kind of sick of people coming here from Demand Studios AFTER being fired, to whine about their plight. I didn't make it through the WDP and I only had 30% re-writes....sob. And I had a 3.8 grammar score, no wait it was actually 3.4, no wait...... Oh and help me find new jobs, even though there are complete listings of freelance writing sites easily found in this forum. HINT: It's under Alternate Content Mills.

So in the interest of saving space just post here instead of starting another goddamn thread so that we may openly mock you.

Thank you.
Devil_youknow

Advertisement

Re: Fired from DS? Post here instead of starting another thr

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat May 21, 2011 9:24 am

The only one I can't believe got the ax was the Adam guy. I didn't think he was that bad.

I guess no one is brave enough to tell us their user name in the DS forums. The only person I know from Suite101 who got stuck in WDP was a girl named Debbi and she was not the brightest bulb. She posted in the Studio news forum, and I saw that coming a mile away. Adam, not so much...

I wonder how that Imogen chick got through.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby The Batman » Sat May 21, 2011 9:37 am

Oh, but we need to hear each special, special snowflake's story. :roll:
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat May 21, 2011 9:41 am

+1 vote for this to get stickied.

I'll use my super secret mod persuasion powers to see what I can do. (Hi Metallion!)
CE_ClueBat

Postby Tink » Sat May 21, 2011 10:05 am

Hey, new guy (or old guy with new name? Who knows?) -- you know what you should do instead of whining about people whining? If you see a thread that has a title like "Just got fired" and it's a name you've never seen before --- JUST DON'T CLICK ON IT. There's no rule here that you have to read every thread. Or, let's say the thread title wan't specific enough to ascertain what was going to be in the OP before you opened it - once you start reading it,and you know it's not something you're interested in JUST HIT THE BACK BUTTON.

And before anyone points out that I'm whining about someone who's whining about someone who's whining ...

Last edited by Tink on Sat May 21, 2011 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tink

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat May 21, 2011 10:24 am

Look what you assholes have done to Tink. She's all bitchy now. Soon, she and queenie will be best friends, and the world will burn.
CE_ClueBat

Postby BurnCEs » Sat May 21, 2011 10:37 am

BurnCEs

Postby jekhyl » Sat May 21, 2011 10:52 am

I doesn't bother me if people come here and post, especially since we asked for it in the first place by asking if anyone made it through.

Maybe some of the people posting were Zombies who bad-mouthed DSS. Then again, maybe not. Thousands of writers, only a few post there (or here for that matter).

The day someone like Momzomb, Metallion or Ken gets cut and comes crying over here (and we know for sure that it's them), I'll make with the mockery. Otherwise, I have no idea who these people are and I don't care. And I'm not going to assume they're zombies just because they haven't posted here before.

If they need to vent, so be it.

ETA: I posted this before I saw the "Fired. Why am I sad?" thread. The OP edited her stuff out but I can see what you guys are talking about.

I still stand by my original "It doesn't bother me" statement because, in general, it doesn't. But, yeah, from what I can gather from that thread, YEESH!
Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.
jekhyl

Postby The Batman » Sat May 21, 2011 11:04 am

"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby alice » Sat May 21, 2011 11:12 am

DSS might be a victim of its own success, because if you Google "fired from Demand Studios," the first four results are DSS posts. So anyone looking on Google for a place to vent is likely to come straight here.

I may be the only one, but I like reading the "OMG I'm fired" posts. They give good clues, often unintentional, to what is going on behind the curtain at the DS mad tea party (to mix my metaphors -- and why not, if the world will end tonight?)

What I would really like to see is someone post one of their three WDP articles in its pre-edited state. I'm curious about whether the whole 3-article thing is just a ruse that has no effect one way or the other on the firing decision -- or if DS is really giving bubble-ees one last chance to come up with something good to save themselves from the axe -- and the fired bubblettes are just blowing it with their final articles.
alice

Next

Return to Demand Studios