[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Fired from DS? Post here instead of starting another thread.

• Advertisement

Fired from DS? Post here instead of starting another thread.

Talk about Demand Studios and Demand Media. How about that health insurance?!!

Re: Fired from DS? Post here instead of starting another thr

Postby 16blue » Sun May 22, 2011 12:41 pm

Nobody else is immature enough to notice that Lane said PUBIC forum? 'Cause if this was a pubic forum, we'd be talking about Trav's crabs instead of the Cool Kids Club™ again.
16blue

Advertisement

Postby Page1News » Mon May 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Well, I was fired from DMS more times than I can remember. The very first time, when I was a writer and CE, pissed me off to no end because I was not fired for poor performance. I was fired for exercising my right to free speech. In fact, none of my subsequent firings were for poor performance; they were for dupe accounts.

Am I sad or angry about any of it now? Hell, no. All the DMS drama and bullshit gets old. The work sucks, the pay sucks, and the company sucks --- there's nothing to miss.

The only time getting fired from DMS sucks is when it was a sole source of income for someone. And, in that case, that's self-created trauma and drama. By now, people should know better than to rely on a non-employee work-from-home gig. But shit happens, as we all have seen.

So, for anyone who gets canned and needs immediate resources, DSS is the place to be. Check out all of the forums. Everyone here contributes to freelance resources and advice. I'm hoping Patrick will add a section for editors so that DMS CEs, former DMS CEs and non-DMS editors can have a place to brainstorm.

And for the many who opt for dupe accounts: You'd be an idiot if you don't already have other sources of income. Dupe accounts are easy to get, but unless you steal someone's identity or have the money funneled to someone other than yourself, DMS will shut it down. For me, it usually took three to six months for a dupe account to get busted. My last account lasted only four weeks since it was part of the Illuminati domino effect.

That's all I got. :D
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Tink » Mon May 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Tink

Postby Devil_youknow » Mon May 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Devil_youknow

Postby Ladidah » Tue May 24, 2011 12:52 pm

I noticed ("WDP - Incase anyone missed my other post") post in the z-forums and thought "Wow! They give ol' girl the boot but she's still able to post? Wonder if she's a titler..."

I don't know if I'm allowed to say who she is, but I did see her original post. She said that she was put in WDP and that all three of her articles went through without a hitch (the third one had some minor rewrites). She gave DMS what-for; telling them that they should tell their writer's why they're in the program and that it's not fair. She then said something about DMS treating writers like they're "invisable" (her spelling). She said she had a 3.3 grammar for the last month and a 3.8 overall (I think).

So, I got curious and went to see what her writing was like. They'd already taken her articles out of her profile so I go back to the forum and she's been disappeared. Oops. Just that quick. Knew that was coming, but I'd never actually seen someone zapped that quick. It was interesting.
"I've been arguing online since ! I am a warrior!"-- some fucktard in a forum
Ladidah

Postby scribble » Tue May 24, 2011 3:21 pm

scribble

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed May 25, 2011 10:24 am

This is where Paul Manning it up helps. If you only write maybe 50 a month or something, and you get a day with an asshole CE, you could easily get low scores for the month. At least with Paul Manning it up, you''ll have days where another CE will come along and rate you with 4s and 5s to balance out the bad scores.

ETA: Another variable with these writers is that they did DS in small amounts. Adam was there for 3 years and only had 800 done, so basically he only averages about 22/month.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby givethemyourworst » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Wait, Page1 got fired? And here I was expecting to see her name come up for the QQ Award any day now.

givethemyourworst

Postby Page1News » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:50 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby undercover » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Does "almost" fired count? Was sent an email that I had been caught "self-plagiarizing." Yes, I wrote two articles with near identical titles. No, I did not cut and paste. Yes, some of the references overlapped. Oops. that was my mistake.

Just how different can two articles about how to cut your toenails be...?

I got a slap on the hand and told not to do "it" again. I didn't plagiarize myself, so WTF is "it"?
undercover

PreviousNext

Return to Demand Studios