[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Fired from DS? Post here instead of starting another thread.

• Advertisement

Fired from DS? Post here instead of starting another thread.

Talk about Demand Studios and Demand Media. How about that health insurance?!!

Re: Fired from DS? Post here instead of starting another thr

Postby El Hombre Pablo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:52 am

I believe your prayers may have been answered. Did you pray for me to have an idea? I found this new gig, it's a one time deal and it involves a withdrawel from a bank. Of course it won't be my money.
"Well Goober brought down some homegrown hay, It whopped me upside the head I never felt that way, Aunt Bea said we'd be in dutch if the Sherriff ever caught us smokin that stuff" BR5-49
El Hombre Pablo

Advertisement

Postby undercover » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:11 am

undercover

Postby Braaaaains » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:29 am

"My sisters and I cannot spend any substantial time searching for Wickham, as we are each commanded by His Majesty to defend Hertfordshire from all enemies until such time as we are dead, rendered lame, or married."
Braaaaains

Postby FuckingHostile » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:54 pm

"Many a fool has sought to oppose my diabolical will, only to find out later that they probably shouldn't have tried to do that." --Cthulhu
FuckingHostile

Postby EnigmaticJack » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 pm

'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby Lallykins » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm half southern and I love fried anything. For my 28th birthday last year, my suprise "cake" was a giant fried twinkie with a candle in it. This was at a semi-snotty euro wine bar, so I requested a nice rioja to bring out the flavor of fried sugary grease. GOD IT WAS DELICIOUS.

Also, in Jr high we had a fellow student named "Anita Dick". Christian name.

I think "the culling" in all seriousness is an algorithm that will shit out writers from the payroll as long as DMS is having issues. Hence, we should all be milking it while we can. Honestly, who wants to write for these dickwads long term anyway? When I get off my bony ass long enough to pitch, I make a lot more money. DMS is just easy, and we're all too addicted to the immediate gratification. But it's not worth the level of shit continually being flung at us.
"Really I don't like human nature unless all candied over with art." - Virginia Woolf

PUT A BIRD ON IT!!!!
Lallykins

Postby filabuster » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:27 pm

Did anyone post this yet? Sent to TQA today, similar email sent to TE:

Dear Title QA Community,

As many of you are aware, we’ve been making some changes to our titling workflow to keep up with the changing needs of our content partners. Thanks to your contributions and through the efforts of our entire Title QA community, we have successfully created a library of millions of titles. As we now shift our focus from eHow to creating content for various partners, we’ll be able to use this existing library of titles. Unfortunately, this means we will not require the services of a Title QA team at this time and will remove permissions for everyone in this role on February 21, 2012.

While this may be the end of one opportunity in the Studio, it is the beginning of several new business initiatives. We invite you to read more about Demand Media’s plans for new content creation. We realize some of you have been with us in this role for quite some time, and we sincerely thank you for your contributions and dedication over the years.

Sincerely,
Demand Media Studios Titling Team

---------------------------

I wish I had the power of Marie Laveau to put a curse on DS upper management. I was fired from TQA a week ago. I knew it was coming so I was prepared but I still hate them with a vengeance. Why doesn't some news outlet do a real expose on them? I don't understand how any company would trust DS to provide content.
filabuster

Postby EnigmaticJack » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:33 am

'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby scrappy_bitch » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:31 pm

scrappy_bitch

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:47 pm

I think that's why Jim got canned. He basically wrote back in a rewrite that Sarah Pike is a moron, and that was that. LOL Well, and he went off in the forum, but by that time, he didn't give a shit.

They are looking for reasons to fire people, because the writing side of the studio is dying. I've gone through 3 accounts so far and my other one is probably on its last leg. I don't give a shit. Every time I spoke up and didn't take it in the ass is when I got the letter that I'm suddenly a horrible writer.

Join the club, scrappy. We all get to sit back in a recliner and watch Demand Media Studios go black slowly. It's entertaining.

Don't let these cunts convince you that it's you. They are firing their titlers, so they have no work anymore. They opened a pets section, and that dumb pets consultant was bragging about how it shows DMS is moving towards quality. I bet she's enjoying her layoff now that they announced there will be no titles for her to write. They hired her and she didn't even get a chance to do anything. LMAO
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

PreviousNext

Return to Demand Studios