[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Stop Devaluing Writers

• Advertisement

Stop Devaluing Writers

Talk about Demand Studios and Demand Media. How about that health insurance?!!

Re: Stop Devaluing Writers

Postby Psycho_Insomniac » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:59 am

You tell 'em Berg! I fucking hate seeing rates like $1 an article. I refuse to sell myself short.
Psycho_Insomniac

Advertisement

Postby tommysmom » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:24 am

tommysmom

Postby tommysmom » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:47 am

tommysmom

Postby Camacho » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:59 am

zombies who aren't savvy enough to charge the going rate aren't savvy enough to find good clients either, nor are they capable of writing the kind of prose that could even fetch the going rate, so i don't really feel threatened by them.

the kind of ryter who is inspired by chelsea hoffman's "Surviving the DMS Layoffs" blog post is competing with southeast asian ESL dudes and other wahmmie dingbats, not real freelancers. they'll get bored of it soon enough and go back to other stupid work at home jobs, like being a Google rater, or ad clicker, or writing for those revenue sharing websites that were panda raped. and once they realize those "jobs" don't pay the bill, they'll get real jobs, or god help them, enroll in online college. eventually they will get out of the way.
"Fuck yeah!"
Camacho

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:09 am

Amen, berg.

The thing is that these people will starve themselves out of the profession. You cant shit out 20 $4/day with private clients, textbrokers or any other shitty site you find. DMS has the unique ability to provide a large capacity of titles where one can shit out 20 titles every day and make a living.

These zombs will A) get caught by the IRS for not paying taxes (let's face it, you know they don't pay taxes with all their bitching about needing money for rent) and B) low-pay themselves into no money for rent/food and get forced into real work.

You can't expect to have 20 a day available to you freelancing. Before I came to DMS, I usually had something to do every day, but probably half my day was finding more work.

I think the zombs will low-pay themselves into losing their houses, so I think the pros need to just hold out until the zombs become homeless. Homeless zombs = awesomeness for real professionals.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:10 am

Oh, we should just go through each of the zomb's that are claiming their $4/article gigs are better than DmS and report them to the IRS. LMAO How much you want to bet they aren't paying taxes?
CE_ClueBat

Postby IloveCEs » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:18 am

IloveCEs

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:02 am

CE_ClueBat

Postby Median » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:31 am

DMS and all other content mills devalue writing itself. They take all the craft and art out of it.

Btw, I hate that word--"content"--like writing is just something to fill a space.
Median

Postby undercover » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:35 am

Popping in to add my ire about sites like elance and odesk. People want to pay slave labor wages that you can live on in India, but want "english as a first language" writers (which is horribly racist. There are plenty of people who speak and write English beautifully and learned it as a second language. But that is beside the point.)

Maybe the zombies will go register at odesk and write drivel for 1 or 2 pennies per word. With any luck, decent clients will continue to hire professional writers for reasonable wages.
undercover

Next

Return to Demand Studios