[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Demand Media Studios is On Vacation

• Advertisement

Demand Media Studios is On Vacation

Talk about Demand Studios and Demand Media. How about that health insurance?!!

Demand Media Studios is On Vacation

Postby WalkAway » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:56 pm

Who wants to bet this message will still be up long after January 2nd (the date they're supposed to be back). I'm still thinking this is a way for them to make a permanent exit.
WalkAway

Advertisement

Re: Demand Media Studios is On Vacation

Postby squirrely_wrath » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm drunk, so I'm willing to be optimistic...I think they'll reopen, but there might be a delay. It won't be Demand's fault, just a PayPal glitch.
"Pinatas. I personally love the concept of beating the shit out something and getting candy in return. It's pure genius."
squirrely_wrath

Postby BurnCEs » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:40 am

I think it probably will reopen on January 2nd, but the closure tells us a hell of a lot about the state of the content side of the business. Surely the death knell is finally tolling?

I mean what online company closes for two weeks over Christmas like a 19th century factory, FFS? Are Google, Amazon, eBay completely shutting their back offices for the holiday season? No, of course they're fucking not because they all make a profit and want to continue their businesses as normal.

So Demand probably will open in the New Year but queues will continue to dwindle, production will gradually slow to a complete halt and, at some stage very soon, most of the permanent staff will lose their jobs. Demand will stop commissioning new content and the business will basically live off revenue derived from existing content with nothing but a skeleton staff of a few permanents and a handful of writers and editors to refresh existing content.

Yo ho ho, Merry Christmas motherfuckers.
BurnCEs

Postby BurnCEs » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:23 am

BurnCEs

Postby Illuminati » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:41 pm

DMS has Kwanzaa, Christmas and New Year's Eve covered. How come DMS didn't shut down Nov. 27 - Dec. 5 for Hanukkah? Someone should call them out for religious discrimination. ;) For planning purposes, DMSers need to mark their 2014 calendars for upcoming DMS furloughs. http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/2014
Illuminati

Postby Justbrowsing » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:23 am

They will reopen with a whole new Koolaid flavor. It will be a spectacular lite recipe with fewer titles for all. And the drones will thank them for lightening up their heavy loads and chatter on about how they think it is a good thing. The diehards will chastise the complainers for not seeing the wisdom of DMS. I'm going to stock up my bar before the big reopening and drink a shot every time someone uses the "eggs in a basket reference."
Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

SARCASM: the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it.
Justbrowsing

Postby squirrely_wrath » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Looks like DMS is open again (at least it lets me get to the login screen). Anyone jumped in and checked it out? Titles? Meltdowns? Butthurt?
"Pinatas. I personally love the concept of beating the shit out something and getting candy in return. It's pure genius."
squirrely_wrath

Postby WalkAway » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Titles are down in Tech from 600+ to 230+. No butthurt yet.
WalkAway

Postby balls-r-us » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:25 pm

A title editor has just informed everyone that he is doing "tittles" to fill up the queue.
I iz a riter. I can haz $15? Tank you!
balls-r-us

Postby DemonizeDMS » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Ok they're back, but my queue dropped dramaically too. Went from 600+ to 200+,...so somebody was doing something over the break. As of now, titles are dropping fast enough that it should be at 0 in a few days.
"Of course I've gone mad with power. Have you ever tried going mad without power? It's boring. No one listens to you."
DemonizeDMS

Next

Return to Demand Studios